Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
slow downlad of updates
ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Just paid for upgrade to PD10 and now find that I'm only getting 16kb/sec - meaning it will take 14 hours to complrtr the download.
This is on ADSL 2+ and an independent website shows I should be getting 723kb/sec.
Anyone else getting very slow dowload speeds from Cyberlink? One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I'm experiencing slow response with this forum at this (2011-11-26 23:08 UTC).

Try later. Jerry Schwartz
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just paid for upgrade to PD10 and now find that I'm only getting 16kb/sec - meaning it will take 14 hours to complrtr the download.
This is on ADSL 2+ and an independent website shows I should be getting 723kb/sec.
Anyone else getting very slow dowload speeds from Cyberlink?

It seems that downloads from Cyberlink are always slow.

You can use a Free Download Manager to speed up your download.

Use a download manager with caution on Cyberlink, Downloads used to be limited on how many links/threads you can use.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Don't expect more than 30 kbs within the CL site no matter where you are in it.... It has ALWAYS been slow. This has been expounded upon countless of times in here from version 3 to now.... in fact when you are getting 30kbs consider yourself lucky....

On sites that can do it, I get between 1.2 meg to 2.4 meg download, but those are far and few between... my new wireless IP service gives me 13 meg download and between 3 and 6 meg upload most of the time... from the less than 1 meg download and 256k upload from our AT&T phone company ADSL..... that never worked.... I was paying for 3 meg service and never go it once in 2 years....

I am now using one of the IP services that is part of the internet to the wilderness areas project. For me the one and only thing that congress has got right in the past 2 years.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2011 21:59

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Bhupinder [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2010 13:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have been chasing support on this as I have not been able to download the content packs that came with PDirector 10 upgrade.

I am in India and on a 4Mbps link, I get upto 140KBPS speed while downloading from Cyberlink servers which is a server side issue. Also the servers reset the connection after about 1 hour. So it is no good. I have tried downloading about 26 times with the new links they sent but the problem still remains. I have not been able to download the content packs at all.

Their support is very weak and the guys responding to my questions is still checking if the links work or if the credentials are fine. They are simply not able to understand the problem.

Shame...
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Try the free download manager. It should increase you download speed on your end and so doing cut down the amount of time to download.

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Be aware that Cyberlink may have a limit on how many threads you can connect without Cyberlink disabling your download. If that happens you have to go through Cyberlink support with proof of purchase to get your links restored.

So use the download manager with great caution.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Bhupinder [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2010 13:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried everything and the result is the same. Their support responds every 24 hours so I guess, I will have to continue waiting till they find the cause and resolve it.

Thanks
ponderstibbons
Newbie Location: Champion Lakes, Western Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2011 08:28 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I just kept it going and eventually (almost 14 hours) got all of the files down.

(The system file, two resource packs and the bonus Romance pack).

The logged in time was so long that the download kept timing out, so had to keep logging back in to get the downloads going again.

I did notice the morning after I started the downloading that when I logged back in I was getting about 150kbps, and then it dawned on me that I could load all four files simultaneously with no downgrade in the speed for each file.

So now I'm up and happily working with PD10.

Having come from Adobe Premier I really like the simpler interface in PD10 (maybe not as many options, but nevertheless all the options I need), the speed in editing and the resources available.

Just a pity about this download speed.

I take on board the comments about the download manager software, but I've tried them in the past and find that they can get in the way when I'm just trying to get a small file. Perhaps I should re-visit them and try agaian.

One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man, he had the Vote.
Terry Pratchett (Mort).
Carl312
[Post New]
Just a pity about this download speed.

Yes, it is in today's internet speeds.
Cyberlink servers must be set to the Dial-up and the old DSL line speed of 128Kbps.

I don't know why Cyberlink has never done anything about the server speeds.