Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A few questions concerning video editing software and the next step.
[Post New]
Hey guys and gals,

1. When doing video editing, at what stage would I need to start looking for higher end software?

2. What is the next level up as far as video editing needs?

3. What requires the need to go to a higher end software? (Nearly the same as question 1)

I appreciate it.

-Zach Afghan 04-05 / Iraq 05-06 / Iraq 07-08
Outdoor Video
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
To be honest some of the videos I have seen using PD blows me away. I find it has a great balance of easy to get into and the deeper you delve into it the more it can do.

The problem I have found when using the higher priced editing software is the more complicated they get. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Cool, good to hear PD will keep me interested

Thanks Afghan 04-05 / Iraq 05-06 / Iraq 07-08
Outdoor Video
JoeVideo
Newbie Location: Los Angeles, California, USA Joined: Nov 27, 2011 16:08 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
you will know, when you need to go to a higher-up video software, when the current one is not able to do all the creative things you want it to do...as for PD10 Ultra...I use it to create public education government programs for local television, and it does every thing I need. I also use another comparable video editing program ( same price range) and both do the job, each has different "bells and whistles". PD10 is faster in rendering and burning a DVD because of the PD10 64bit processing. So it just a matter of personal preference. Some of PD10 examples are at www.youtube.com/joeseniorvideo Those are excerpts from local tv programs i have created or videoed JoeVideo
H Envy 17.3" Notebook Touchsmart M7-J020dx
4th generation Intel (R) i7 4700MQ @2.4GHz
1TBl HD Toshiba MQ1ABD100
DVD optical Drive, RAM 8
gb
Display Adapter Intel (R) HD graphics 4600
64bit operation system, Windows 8.1