Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 2011 Face Tagging?
The Oak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2010 08:17 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I believe MediaShow 5 has smart face tagging.

Essentially you identify a face and the application uses that face and tags other photos with that face.

Does PhotoDirector 2011 have such a feature?

It has been forever since MediaShow has had an update.

I was wondering if PhotoDirect was MediaShow's replacement and if PhotoDirector had face tagging.

Thanks ... Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner
[Post New]
Hello there,

PhotDirector is dedicated photo workflow software, for cataloguing & editing photos. MediaShow is more like a one-click piece of software for generating slideshows & videos.

True - MediaShow has face tagging... like Picassa. PhotoDirector doesn't. Maybe this feature will be considered for future versions.

PhotoDirector is not a replacement for MediaShow.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2011 21:11

PIX YouTube channel
The Oak [Avatar]
[Post New]
I hope they do.

If PhotoDirector is a "dedicated photo workflow software, for cataloguing and editing phots" ... it would make sense if that was PhotoDirector's "mission statement" that face tagging would have been (should have been) added.

I hope they do.

Mind you ... MediaShow is now $15 ... which is real tempting.

Thanks for the reply. Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner
[Post New]
Yes - quite often, you get what you pay for.

Comparing these two products is not really valid. MediaShow is not intended to be photo workflow software & it contains only one-click fixes for photos. PhotoDirector is quite a different thing! It's photo adjustment potential is only limited by your imagination.

Here's a summary of the photo editing features of MediaShow - from http://www.cyberlink.com/products/mediashow/1-click-fixes_en_AU.html

1-click Fixes for Photo IMPROVED
* Remove red-eyes with one click
* Fix brightness, white balance, contast and lighting
* Stylize with a choice of 9 picture effects
* Crop to predefined ratios or manually set your size
* Straighten across with a quick drag of the slider
* Apply a fix or effect to a group of photos with Batch Edit feature

MediaShow also includes easy-to-use sliders for manually adjusting brightness, contrast, saturation, white balance and sharpness. You can also rotate, display in a slideshow, or add to your favorites, with one easy click.

Different software suits different needs.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello "The Oak",

FYI...MediaShow 6 is scheduled for release in February...if you can wait that long.

Regards,
David
The Oak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sweet ... thanks for the tip!

I am not saying PhotoDirector is not a good product. As you have stated it has MANY things that MediaShow does NOT have.

All I was saying is that PhotoDirector has tagging functionality for cataloging, grouping, organizing. It is almost a shame that "face me" was not included here too. At least this is my opinion ... for what it is worth.

There are a ga-zillion photo tweaking applications out there that can do similar tasks ... so I am more inclined to research other products accordingly. IF PhotoDirector had face me ... this would be a very distinguishing feature. Again, just my humble opinion. Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner