Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVCHD DVD studdering playback?!?
[Post New]
Shareonline,

I was considering upgrading from my panasonic DMP-BD30 to a DMP-BD60, but having read your posts think I will wait. I am keen to keep to a panasonic player as you can so easily insert an SDHC card from camera to bluray for immediate playback. Not sure I would be able to do this with a Sony bluray player.

I have the latest firmware and have tried burning AVCHD to DVD-RW, DVD-R (tried slowest speed 8 - options were 16/12/ Verbatim & Memorex. I have even burned the same project to a BD-RE disk. Still getting glitches/pauses/audio breakup's at a small number of transitions (always in the same places). Many other transitions play back perfectly!! and all disks playback without any problem on my PC using Power DVD and on a Sony PS3.

My problem may well be caused by some conflict, using SVRT with panasonic files. Cyberlink seem to have sorted Canon AVCHD files, SVRT support so I am hoping for a similar fix for panasonic raw files at some future point.

Regards

Stuart Windows 7, 64 bit, core i7, 12 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Panasonic HDC-TM300
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hey
I had the same lag here on my dvd.
I fixed it burning the final DVD using the slowest speed possible!
1x or 2x.
Burning in 8x causes lags thrust me!

But that doesn't make sense?!? i mean i burn at 8X and normally have 0 problems with burning movies? but hey i will of course try it out to see if it makes a difference

By the way.. Is it a AVCHD dvd you are burning or a normal DVD?

A normal DVD i reencoded my avchd files from Panasonic hdc-Hs300.
In the past i backup a lot of DVDs here some of them lags with 8x
Someone told me this tip to burn at 2x.
I didn't believe it either but its true.
the laser calibration looks better with 2x than 8x.
I made 2 discs here
the one i burned with 8x lags
the 2x Not.
shareonline [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2010 12:16 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: Hey
I had the same lag here on my dvd.
I fixed it burning the final DVD using the slowest speed possible!
1x or 2x.
Burning in 8x causes lags thrust me!

But that doesn't make sense?!? i mean i burn at 8X and normally have 0 problems with burning movies? but hey i will of course try it out to see if it makes a difference

By the way.. Is it a AVCHD dvd you are burning or a normal DVD?

A normal DVD i reencoded my avchd files from Panasonic hdc-Hs300.
In the past i backup a lot of DVDs here some of them lags with 8x
Someone told me this tip to burn at 2x.
I didn't believe it either but its true.
the laser calibration looks better with 2x than 8x.
I made 2 discs here
the one i burned with 8x lags
the 2x Not.

Ahh but i have zero problems with rencoded to normal dvd's.. its only when i try to burn and play avchd files..
[Post New]
Shareonline,

Playback of AVCHD on DVD's is also my problem.

Took delivery of a new Sony BDP-S360 bluray today. The bad news is that the playback of my DVD-RW or DVD-R disks created using PD8 with SVRT enabled are worse than on my panasonic BD30 - lots of breakup's. No problems playing any other disks so I guess I will have to accept that SVRT is not yet working for panasonic cameras in PD8.

I will keep my fingers crossed for the next patch, in the meantime I will need to use alternative products, as I can't think of anything else to try at the moment.

Regards

Panasonic HDC-TM300
[Post New]
Stuart,

AVCHD format CANNOT be played on DVD players. It is like trying to play DVD disk on a CD-player.

AVCHD format can be burned to a blank DVD though (space permitted) as well as Blue Ray discs but CAN ONLY be played on Blue-Ray players , Playstation3. DVD players do not recognise this format.

Hope you are clear now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2010 11:13

Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.
[Post New]
Andy,

I guess my first sentence in my last post was a bit ambiguous. I was talking about burning AVCHD content onto DVD disks, following on from earlier posts. I fully understand that you need a bluray player to play such disks.

Both my panasonic BD30 and Sony BDP-S360 are bluray players.

Sorry for any confusion.

Regards

Panasonic HDC-TM300
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Good clarification Andy/Stuart.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2010 13:35