Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Version 21.0.2113.0 - Audio now glitching?
gabo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2018 17:16 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
First post ever here, but long time user who has produced many videos with PD over the past 5 years. Same audio problems here, only worse and I'm now on 21.0.2116.0

Not only do I get all the glitches outlined above, but I also have audio that is overlapping from clips that were removed.

Here's what happens.

If I cut out a section of the middle of the clip and move the end over to transition from the first part of the clip. Maybe an example would help me explain it. Let's say I have a 1 minute clip, I cut the clip at 10 seconds and again at 45 seconds, remove the middle section and move the ending over.

The resulting video has the audio from the removed section blended in with the audio from the end section that was moved. So it's like the audio wasn't removed when I cut and removed the middle section and it now blends with the audio from the clip that is suppose to be there.

At this stage of editing, I only have clips, "video speed," and crop/zoom/pan applied. All the FX are applied to clips later in the timeline from the initial audio problems, although the audio problems continue throughout the video.

As others have said, this is a serious issue and is completely unusable.

I can't share the video for copyright reasons, but I have attached a screenshot of the timeline. I also submitted an official support ticket for this issue and I would encourage everyone to do that.

Update Question - Has anyone tried unlinking the audio and putting it on a separate audio track? This would be a huge task for my video as there are many clips, so before I go to all that trouble I was curious if anyone has done that and if it resolved the issues?
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-09-21 083052.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-09-21 083052.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
176 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
43 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2022 09:30

Steve@5000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2022 16:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you so much! Unfortunately, this version of PowerDirector does not recognize the files I used to make the project. The program states that it is due to the projects being made under a later version.

Did they send you the link or did you just happen to have a copy on file?

-Steve

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2022 14:48

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Since you created the project in PD21, it can't be opened in PD20 so unfortunately you'd need to recreate it from scratch frown
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Unfortunately, this version of PowerDirector does not recognize the files I used to make the project. The program states that it is due to the projects being made under a later version.

-Steve

Hi,

You have come across one of the issues that is hard to solve with a simple re-load of a previous version!

Because of the way PDR structures the .pds project file, for any project file saved under the most recent version (even if it was started in a previous version) access will be "locked" from any previous version.

So I presume your situation is as follows:
You started a project in PDR21 (or continued a project started in PDR20 or 19 .....), edited away, saved and then came across the issue in question.
You then "rolled back" by a simple uninstall/re-install of the previous version, but now your "new" or "continued" project cannot be accessed by the re-installed earlier version, because it was saved under PDR21.

There isn't a simple workaround for this.

Hopefully, in the case of a project continued from an earlier version, you may have an early saved version that you can at least access, although you might have lost some edits in the meantime.
Have a hunt for any previous versions/backups/autosaves in case that may allow you to carry on?

For a new project, started in PDR21, you may have to wait for the fix that CL will provide, before you can access that file.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
RENES7S [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2014 11:02 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Update Question - Has anyone tried unlinking the audio and putting it on a separate audio track? This would be a huge task for my video as there are many clips, so before I go to all that trouble I was curious if anyone has done that and if it resolved the issues?

Hi,

I tried that to no avail. The only way it seems to cover the problem - not fix it - is to overwrite the original audio tracks to your footage which a music track. Hardly acceptable.

I am not deconstructing and rebuilding my projects to fix this. About to lodge a ticket.

Cheers
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow, not only does this problem continue without an update, but I finally got a response from my support ticket.

I'll have to say, I'm totally embarrassed for Cyberlink! Their customer support is terrible! The worst I've ever encountered by any software company.

First of all, the response to my support ticket was addressed to the wrong name! They responded to "Jordan" which is NOT my name and not the name on either my original support ticket, my account, or anything else. I don't even know a Jordan, except for some famous people with that name.

Of course that can easily be forgiven and isn't a big deal. It's only a big deal when combined with the rest of the response. It's like their support didn't even read my original tickect. Asking me for beginning basic info that was included in my original ticket. Asking what version I was running, asking for a description of my problem, asking if it was still happening, etc. All that, and more, was included in my original ticket, which was also included at the top in their response. Wow!

At any rate, this has made me lose total faith in PD and the company behind it. I think it's time for me to look for a new video editing product.
BillyMc294 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2011 19:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Dear PowerDirector Moderator,
Any idea when this "FIX" will be coming out, because I have projects that I need to get done, and my renewal for Powerdirector 365 is also coming soon, and if I'm not going to have a program that works well then I am going to spend my money in a different direction, even though I've been a customer of Cyberlink for over a decade...

Hi,

You have come across one of the issues that is hard to solve with a simple re-load of a previous version!

Because of the way PDR structures the .pds project file, for any project file saved under the most recent version (even if it was started in a previous version) access will be "locked" from any previous version.

So I presume your situation is as follows:
You started a project in PDR21 (or continued a project started in PDR20 or 19 .....), edited away, saved and then came across the issue in question.
You then "rolled back" by a simple uninstall/re-install of the previous version, but now your "new" or "continued" project cannot be accessed by the re-installed earlier version, because it was saved under PDR21.

There isn't a simple workaround for this.

Hopefully, in the case of a project continued from an earlier version, you may have an early saved version that you can at least access, although you might have lost some edits in the meantime.
Have a hunt for any previous versions/backups/autosaves in case that may allow you to carry on?

For a new project, started in PDR21, you may have to wait for the fix that CL will provide, before you can access that file.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well there is a new version out today, 21.0.2123.0 but my audio problems remain the same. Of course I'm still looking at the same video project session, so maybe I need to do more testing. I just loaded up the project and editied a few things to force the old rendered preview to not be valid, and rendered a new preview.

Anyone else?
Rogerli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2011 19:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Did some preliminary tests and it's actually working for me. I will render a long video that glitched before and see what it makes of it.

Ok, so a video that glitched before is not glitching anymore. I did no changes to it, just rendered it normally. Seems like they fixed it. At least for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2022 01:24

Nigtay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2016 20:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, new version seems to have resolved the issue for me too.

My first test consisted of checking a number of projects that were saved on the first release as per post subject (which absolutely had the issue) on the latest version from today. No 'pops' on cut points.

My second test (and I'm not sure this is really valid as there is no comparison point) was using the latest version with one of the source clips from the first test and duplicating the simple scenario that caused the issue. Again, no pops.

Excellent.

Thank you everyone.
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]
After a few adjustments to the project I was working on, I can now report that the new version has also fixed my audio issues.

Thanks, now I can finish up this project that I'm a week behind on.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Since several users have confirmed this issue is solved, we will lock this thread as a reference. If any other audio issues are encountered, users are asked to contact Technical Support and start a new thread.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do