Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Increasing slideshow photo duration?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert -

I'm not sure whether you're building the slideshow manually or using the normal template.

If you're doing it manually - you're inserting the transitions - the maximum duration can only be half the length of the image before/after it... so if images A & B have durations of 10 seconds, the maximum transition time is 5 seconds.

If you're using the normal slideshow template - you clicked the slideshow button - then you've lost control of all durations, as it's built into the template. The only way of modifying that is to apply video speed later.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, that explains it then. I was using the normal template and really liked the random transitions but they were too fast and I wanted to extend them to at least 4-5 seconds as a lot of my photos were large group shots and 2-3 seconds was too short to scan everyone in the photos.

I eventually went without the random transitions I liked and just had a normal manual fade between the photos. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Robert -

You can simulate what the template does by applying your favourite transitions... THEN you take control of the durations.

Liken it to riding the air as you do - would you want to trust your "glide" to a template, or feel it for yourself?

Cheers mate - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Your right Tony but I guess I was a bit lazy and there were some random transitions I don't see see on the transition page. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn