Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installing download
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
If you have work depending on working software it is always good to preserve a working version. In your case you have version 17 next to 18. I think that most of use have older versions at hand. My reference to the application manager was that newer versions of the 365 software are overwritten. I presume that keeping the older 17 next to the newer 18 is not possible in a 365 situation. Not being able to go back to a previous (sub-) version in case the latest release will not work or has bugs, withholds some to install the newer software despite eagerness to try the new.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2020 03:33

[Post New]
Quote If you have work depending on working software it is always good to preserve a working version. In your case you have version 17 next to 18.
Thanks, makes sense, I've decided to keep v17
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Install the program files on an internal SSD (C Drive) and keep the files on an external backup drive in case you need them in the future. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
[Post New]
Quote Install the program files on an internal SSD (C Drive) and keep the files on an external backup drive in case you need them in the future.
Thanks for that, I'll check it out. Michael
Lr, Ps, PD365, Canon 60D and 70D, Speedlite 430EX II