Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is the Device and Home media(DLNA)?
metzmma [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2007 17:25 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]

Hey SS & Metz,

Not trying to threadjack, but what is the purpose of this DLNA setting? I'm an older guy, not very familiar. We access the movies on our NAS directly from PDVD by using the top left GIU choice - My Computer>Diskstation>Video>Movies. They are mostly all MKV's and when we click on them, they start playing. We don't let PDVD scan our PC folders. Are we using this DVD all wrong?

Not an expert either, but it sounds like your device is connected directly to your computer and you're selecting the folder that way. Without DLNA, PowerDVD can't see my NAS on the network, so unable to stream from it.
SSjd14 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2021 12:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

Hey SS & Metz,

Not trying to threadjack, but what is the purpose of this DLNA setting? I'm an older guy, not very familiar. We access the movies on our NAS directly from PDVD by using the top left GIU choice - My Computer>Diskstation>Video>Movies. They are mostly all MKV's and when we click on them, they start playing. We don't let PDVD scan our PC folders. Are we using this DVD all wrong?

https://www.techradar.com/news/digital-home/home-networking/dlna-what-it-is-and-what-you-need-to-know-1079015

I have HDHomeRun tunner, that broadcast live TV channels over DLNA.