Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RW2 import issues Photodirector 10
PAG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2019 12:22 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the investigative efforts optodata. I'm wondering if it's something as simple as an individual file size limiter in PhD12?

Unfortunately, my S1H is my only source of such a high res pic so I can't do much comparative testing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the investigative efforts optodata. I'm wondering if it's something as simple as an individual file size limiter in PhD12?

Unfortunately, my S1H is my only source of such a high res pic so I can't do much comparative testing.

I don't know what the issue might be, but if I convert your high res clip to JPG and keep the pixel size, I can open it in PhD. Same goes if I make a ridiculously large 8X version (24k x 36k pixels, 260MB).

You can download that massive clip from here, and that shows it's not a pixel/canvas size or file size issue - it seems to be something specific with your RW2 clips.
PAG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone else have an clues as to why the Panasonic S1H high res .RW2 files aren't able to be loaded into PhD12?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Nobody has posted that they've reported this specific issue, so that would be the best way to get CL's attention. You can file a support reuest here.

Be sure to include a link to your first post regarding the issue on Feb 24. Click on the orange "page" icon to load that specific URL in your browser's address bar and paste that in your description of the issue so they can see what's happened here.
PAG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ticket has been opened with CL. Will advise on any progress.

Update a/o March 25, 2021...

Per Cyberlink Support confirmed the error in trying to open Pan S1H high res images. They have no fix. Referenced the fact that not all .RW2 files are the same. Yup. They passed it on to their engineers for future consideration.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2021 20:15