Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
no picture or sound
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
JON,

From your description it seems that we have a misunderstanding here.

If you start PD from the PD program icon or from the start menu, if the "autoload last project" preference is unchecked, PD will start with a clean workspace (except for the sample files - if you have left this option on). That's it, nothing else.

If you then try to open a previous project (say myproject.pds), which has been moved or the assets renamed etc. etc. the myproject.pds script will try to rebuild the project and will give the "browse, ignore etc" option when it cannot find the assets.

Alternatively, if you opt to import a single file into the clean media library you should be able to browse to that file - wherever it is. So, if the file was not transferred from A to B, you should not be able to browse to it and bring it into the media library. In this case PD shouldn't give you the "browse, ignore etc" message, as you cannot find the file in the import window to import it.

I'm not 100% sure of what you are doing that gives rise to the problem. Perhaps you could post a step by step workflow to let us see what's happening?

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2009 12:06

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 09:42 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Well here we are again. PD managed to find the file and with just one clip I did one piece of editing (put mute to on and speeded up to 9x). I then saved the file as a project and put it in the correct folder. The next day I loaded the project to check it through and it was completely different to what I had done. 1. there was no speed change (though the actual length of the clip is as it should be – 2mins instead of 10) 2. the last 2/3rds of the clip had disappeared. By the way I also ride a motorcycle – Vectrix electric. Its costing me about 50 pence a day to run (insurance, electricity are the only expenses). Everything else is free.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
JON, I don't know if this will help but I will throw it out there for you. I have "Autosave" turned off on my PD, as I found when I am playing around with my editing it kept on saving changes I didn't want. I would close down PD and choose "Don't save changes" thinking I had just spent 20 minutes playing around with changes I didn't want so choosing "Don't save changes" I was preserving my original project.

When I opened my project back up for a while I could not work out why it was different. Turning off autosave solved my problems. You do have to know when to do a real save though.

Cheers

Robert My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,
Where do you open your projects from?

I select to open from the location where I save the pds file. I opt to save using File > Save project as > goes to the export location.

Do you select to open the "last project" using File > Recent Files? This one calls on the Auto saved project files. I should add, that's what I found in a pre-release build.

If you opt as I do to open the export located pds you will see no change in a pds file.

I leave my Auto save on as an added fall back.

Dafydd.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2009 10:33

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd, as always a veritable font of knowledge with PD.

I usually open my projects from "Recent Files". So that is why I was always getting the altered file. I guess now it is time to turn the auto save back on, as you say it is a good added fall back.

Do you know where the auto saves are kept? My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,

If you go to...
Directors Chair > Edit > Preferences > Editing > Auto Save Project > Browse
...you can see, or choose a new location, to archive your Auto Saves.

I chose to create a new folder for my Auto Saves, that was a little easier/quicker to get to.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 02. 2009 20:03

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Cranston,

Thanks mate, I have fallen into the trap of "Can't see the forest for the trees" or my other favourite "When all else fails....read the instructions" I should have just looked a bit harder.

Cheers

Robert My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 09:42 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Robert - Unchecking the autosave makes no difference. The edited clip still returns edited in the wrong way as before.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2009 11:31