Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jerky output (and timeline preview)
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
Quote RP - Just as a matter of interest what happens when you edit those files using GoPro Studio?

I haven't used GoPro Studio for a number of years, so sorry I can't answer that. I'm travelling at the moment but might have a look when I get home, even just to see what changes have been made there.

It's free and worth a try to see if you have a similar experience and may help to narrow the cause.

Al

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2017 16:39

Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
etcbeatty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Columbus OH Joined: Mar 05, 2017 17:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

I've just purchased PD 15 as a replacement for a video editing product no longer supported. I suspect the problem I am having is fairly common and simple to resolve but I haven't been able to find an answer in my searches (maybe using incorrect terminology in my searches)...

My issue is this: i'm putting together a video for my son's hockey team with a bunch of photos that use pan and zoom (Magic Motion). I am using no video sources in the sequence that is giving me the issues (though this has been present in other videos, just not at noticeable - Panning and zooming pictures can look bad at 30FPS)

In my opening sequence I have a full-size team photo in the background and then I have a bunch of small "player cards" scroll across the screen. I've got one particle effect that runs before and after the player cards. There's text on the cards so I've got the frame rate cranked up, but... that doesn't seem to matter. I have a very regular frame-jump that occurs about once per second. It absolutely looks like I'm dropping a frame but why would it? This is all animation, no video to sync.

The jumping is evident even when I have just some snowflakes (particles) on the screen.

I think my box is pretty strong... Core i7-4770 @ 3.5Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 64-bit Win 10, GeForce GTX 760 w/ 2GB Dedicated, 8 GB shared.

I've tried every combination of resolution, hardware accelleration, OpenCl, etc.

Help!! My video has to be banquet ready in two weeks! Bob
exact [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2017 14:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having exactly the same problem, my computer is fairly powerful, so i don't think that is the problem, it appears to be a frame rate mismatch, but there is stuff all that you can do to make them match, the vieo file is fine until i import it to the timeline then i get jerks, and distorted and skipping of frames

i have reasearched and no one seems to understand or come up with a usefull fix.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm having exactly the same problem, my computer is fairly powerful, so i don't think that is the problem, it appears to be a frame rate mismatch, but there is stuff all that you can do to make them match, the vieo file is fine until i import it to the timeline then i get jerks, and distorted and skipping of frames

i have reasearched and no one seems to understand or come up with a usefull fix.

As this thread is several months old I would suggest that you start a new thread. When you do, post a copy of your PCs DxDiag file so that other members can scrutinise it and comment. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,