Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uninstalling latest update? polirod cube video no longer works!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Go into Preferences and delete your shadow files and turn off their creation function. Then try again.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Steven70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2015 13:05 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Go into Preferences and delete your shadow files and turn off their creation function. Then try again.

Nothing still don't work...I sent you the error message it also give when you drag the clip on the time line.
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
here are the error codes I get when using the polaroid cube video now in PD14

error code 2 is when you drag the clip on the time line and the other error code is just when you add it to PD 14.
[Thumb - IMG_2238.JPG]
 Filename
IMG_2238.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
34 time(s)
[Thumb - IMG_2240.JPG]
 Filename
IMG_2240.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
41 time(s)
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
and here is a test clip from the polaroid cube.
 Filename
FILE0010.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3157 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
188 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Polaroid Cube video samples can be downloaded here: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZVbbRZiHlNsW88HkXepFRcp2zcnhViB2Gy . They give the error indicated on my standalone version of PD14 latest build 2820. They import properly in my earlier version of PD. This needs to be reported to Cyberlink support.

I was typing this response while Steven70 posted and never tried his attached mov file. Uninstal and reinstal of the previous version of PD14 as suggested by other forum members should fix it.
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi thanks I hope they do a update soon to fix this problem but for now I will just use my other cameras.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Not using your CUBE is not really a good solution, in my view, of course. Why haven't you tried an uninstall-reinstall? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Not using your CUBE is not really a good solution, in my view, of course. Why haven't you tried an uninstall-reinstall?

Hi I was thinking of trying that but how would I know what patches and updates to install again?

I just updated when it popped up on screen and sometimes when I seen on the board some patches I updated.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steven70 -

Based on previous advice and tomasc's & Barry's testing, which I can #confirm, you should:

1. uninstall PDR14

2. re-install PDR14

3. install the most recent patch that works with your clips - i.e. 2707...

... which is exactly what Neil suggested here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48554.page#254239

PDR Update patches - http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_GB.html

# The Poloiroid Cube clips throws up the audio cut error message when running the latest 2820 patch, but run fine using all previous builds.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2016 15:43

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will give it a try,

Thanks

Quote: Hi Steven70 -

Based on previous advice and tomasc's & Barry's testing, which I can #confirm, you should:

1. uninstall PDR14

2. re-install PDR14

3. install the most recent patch that works with your clips - i.e. 2707...

... which is exactly what Neil suggested here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48554.page#254239

PDR Update patches - http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_GB.html

# The Poloiroid Cube clips throws up the audio cut error message when running the latest 2820 patch, but run fine using all previous builds.

Cheers - Tony
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI I uninstalled it but I do not know where to find PD14 to re install it ? I have my product key code but can't figure out how to download PD14?

THANKS
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
You don’t need to redownload PD14. Do you remember when you downloaded it the first time and if you keep a backup copy of those files somewhere. Maybe you purchased an extended download service or a backup dvd.

If you have not deleted those installation files then they should still be on your hard drive. Check the download folder on your pc and set it to sort by date and scroll to about 12/17/2015, the date of your registration. You should see all those files that you downloaded that day needed for an install.

Let us know if this helps.
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi i found my order # for my PD14 I am downloading it now but there site is so slow it says like 2 hours to download!

Quote: You don’t need to redownload PD14. Do you remember when you downloaded it the first time and if you keep a backup copy of those files somewhere. Maybe you purchased an extended download service or a backup dvd.

If you have not deleted those installation files then they should still be on your hard drive. Check the download folder on your pc and set it to sort by date and scroll to about 12/17/2015, the date of your registration. You should see all those files that you downloaded that day needed for an install.

Let us know if this helps.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 28. 2016 22:34

Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just installed from download and it still is doing the same exact thing! cube video don't work!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Click the word PowerDirector on the top right of the screen and tell us the version and SR number. More than likely you got the latest version if you downloaded it again from Cyberlink. If not then install an earlier patch.

You need to start at least two tickets with Cyberlink services. One to report the Polaroid Cube problem so they will know about it and try to fix it. The other is for the fact that you forgot to backup the program you purchased and may have deleted them and ask for the earliest build that might still be available. You may want to purchase a backup dvd this time to avoid this situation in the future.
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi here it is 14.0.219.0 maybe when I uninstall it it is not uninstalling all cyberlink files?

Ok did all patches the the early version said it could not intall because of my PD14 version so I intalled all the other patches but the latest version and i still get the error messages with the cube video!

I have to say this PD14 is nothing but problems if it is not crashing from Gforce graphics cards it's always something else!

Quote: Click the word PowerDirector on the top right of the screen and tell us the version and SR number. More than likely you got the latest version if you downloaded it again from Cyberlink. If not then install an earlier patch.

You need to start at least two tickets with Cyberlink services. One to report the Polaroid Cube problem so they will know about it and try to fix it. The other is for the fact that you forgot to backup the program you purchased and may have deleted them and ask for the earliest build that might still be available. You may want to purchase a backup dvd this time to avoid this situation in the future.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2016 02:48

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all!

Standing back and observing Steven70's issues with reinstalling PD14 from a download, and still having difficulties with PD14 not recognising his "cube" camera, this just shouts loud and long the need for all software makers, not just Cyberlink, to continue to have their product available in the form of retail packages[disc(s) and printed material, like a user manual]. This method alone(as I see it) provides for the safest and quickest initial installation, and, should the need arise, as it has with Steven70(and others from time to time), to uninstall/reinstall to the original "raw" version of the software.

As far as I can figure it out, the file folder on Steven70's computer, where all of PD14's "bits & bobs"(including application and exec files) are stored, may also contain all the "patches" thus far downloaded and installed. It's not surprising then, that Steven70 may be somewhat at a loss to figure all this out, which patch to keep, which to ditch. That's why I'll always advocate for the tried-and-true installation via retail package as against the "download" path with its clearly-demonstrated pitfalls.

Neil.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
OK, Neil, your observation is great though it SEEMS to imply that Cyberlink does NOT provide a Buy-a-disc option or written material, you can buy the former, as well as extended download period, and for the latter a written booklet can be downloaded. Do you have anything to add to HELP the poster with the issue?
Steve, you can download a trial of REVO Uninstaller that is far more efficient at getting all those orphaned files during a removal. I suggest you get REVO, run it, reboot the computer and try to install ONLY the original downloaded file of PowerDirector.
And...make a copy of your PowerDirector files, either on disc or just a copy on another drive. Be sure to add a note or copy of your key info. You might consider activating System Restore, also.

Did you provide a sample to Cyberlink Support? Did you open a ticket, yet?
The last resort, if time has not run out, perhaps a refund is still available.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2016 07:53

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Thanks, I got in contact with support they gave me links to first download PD13 and then upgrade link for PD14 I will be trying this and let you guy's know if it works.

Quote: OK, Neil, your observation is great though it SEEMS to imply that Cyberlink does NOT provide a Buy-a-disc option or written material, you can buy the former, as well as extended download period, and for the latter a written booklet can be downloaded. Do you have anything to add to HELP the poster with the issue?
Steve, you can download a trial of REVO Uninstaller that is far more efficient at getting all those orphaned files during a removal. I suggest you get REVO, run it, reboot the computer and try to install ONLY the original downloaded file of PowerDirector.
And...make a copy of your PowerDirector files, either on disc or just a copy on another drive. Be sure to add a note or copy of your key info. You might consider activating System Restore, also.

Did you provide a sample to Cyberlink Support? Did you open a ticket, yet?
The last resort, if time has not run out, perhaps a refund is still available.
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Did all above and it still don't work!

I gave the link to the guy to look at the error message photos i put up here maybe that will help.
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok I just found something out this last video I made on 5/24 The cube video did not work in PD14 I had to re film it off my computer monitor with canon SLR camera to make a video in PD14.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtEDA7G6TPo

and this is a video from 5/2 the last time it worked with my cube camera because I made this video in PD14 with the cube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7mTfgIuWo

so what ever cyberlink did to PD14 with in the time period of these two videos cause PD not to work with the cubes video no more.?