Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic YUV conversion process
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
"Related?" I don't think so because I had 28 duplicate frames at the end of a 60p clip. There may be minor variations in the number of duplicate frames from clip to clip rather than a fixed amount at all times, but the actual frame rate of the clip does not seem to matter (at least not very much).

What I don't yet know is if this is affected by one or more settings in VDub or possibly with the MagicYUV codec.

Also, if you have action in a test clip from the very first frame, it's very easy to tell if the MYUV clip starts on the same frame or not. Do you see anything like the missing + duplicate frames as shown in my first image on your MTS clip(s)?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Ron & Robert,
I installed your update, Ron and it works "like a charm". Thanks! I can see that you and Robert make a great team in your efforts to improve the program. I'm sure many PD users are grateful for the effort you guys put in. I know I am.

Ernie
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ernie, glad to hear it!

If you have or end up buying another camera, you may need to adjust or remove the audio offset value to keep the clips in sync. I'd be happy to send you another custom version if you end up needing one, so just let me know.

If you only use that one camera, you should have no trouble from now on using the app.

I really appreciate you bringing the audio sync to our attention, and I hope you have a great holiday season

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Complete Edit:

The start of my 2 clips are not identical.

I have to move the AVI clip 15 frames to the right to gain sync. The end of the clip is 14 frames out which means the AVI clip has lost a frame. However, the last 24 frames of the AVI are duplicated which means in effect the AVI has lost, if my math is correct, 12 frames in total, ie half a second.

A workaround is to unlink the audio, push it back to the correct length and then relink the audio and video

If you read the original post you will be totally confused by now, please ignore what I said previously..

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 11. 2015 16:48

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,