Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 - True Velocity 5
Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
So, I have also been having issues with using the Hardware video encoder function on PD14. Back in the day, I was using PD10 and for a while the hardware acceleration worked great. I stopped using PD for a while then a year or so later I tried to use it but the hardware video encoder function was no longer working(the option was grayed out). I went to the forums and I was told, PD10 was my problem and that I needed to get an updated version(PD14). I upgraded to 14, i'm using Windows 10, I have an Nvidia GTX460 and I can't use that function. It is kinda frustrating because that was one of the main features I loved about PD and it used to work fine, but now it doesn't.

If my only option is to get a new GPU, I was looking at upgrading to a GTX950, does anybody know if that card should work? I believe someone on here said you need to have h.265 compatability for True Velocity 5 to work(I don't get why that is needed if I am encoding to h.264, but I am no techy).
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Elguapo9916,

You may need only to update your video card driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look for a newer driver for your current video card. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote: I upgraded to 14, i'm using Windows 10, I have an Nvidia GTX460 and I can't use that function. It is kinda frustrating because that was one of the main features I loved about PD and it used to work fine, but now it doesn't.

Your GPU is from that older genaration (Fermi) that doesn't have a harware encoder (NVENC) but it has to rely on CUDA to do the encoding - so you would need to add the dll files that we are taling about.

Or better, get that GTX950, it has the latest hardware encoder (same with GTX960) from nVidia, those two cards are at the top of video editing as of today.
Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Sonic. Can you lead me a little further so I know where to go to get the dll file? Or what should I search to find the dll file i need? I do plan on upgrading to the gtx950, but that probably won't be for a while still so it would be nice to have a temporary solution until then. Thanks again.
[Post New]
PD14 requirements http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_AU.html?&r=1

"NVIDIA:GeForce 8500GT/9800GT and aboveGeForce GT/GTS/GTX 200/400/500/600/700/800/900 SeriesPLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards using pre-Kepler architecture who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the CUDA video hardware video encoder feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver."

Kepler is 500 series. You have 460. You should use an old driver - older than 340.43. i73930k, 16gb 2133, R9 Nano
sprzetowoTV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2016 11:14 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a list of graphics cards that support True Velocity in PowerDirector 14?