Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 Pro Blu-ray Issues (massive stuttering)
[Post New]
Thinking more about it, maybe you just have a crappy display device. Try using it on a high level Panasonic projector onto a 106 inch screen and then let me know if you like the altered colors and such better or not.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
Member Location: US Joined: Nov 08, 2009 14:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
@ CybrSage

Probably you need to learn some English, regarding the definitions of the words you're reading and of those you're using!!!

Both from Thesaurus.com

Enhance= to intensify or increase in quality, value, power, etc; improve; augment

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enhance

Messing with= to bother, to harass

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/messing%20with

I repeat nobody knows how a video is originally on a disc because every player produces it differently!

Additionally you can go to the main page of Cyberlink Power DVD 15 to see what True Theater Technology is and why is promoted.

Speaking about myself I always demand to get what I'm supposed to pay for. Nothing more or less!!!

PS: My TV is 60 inch Sony 4K (you are soooo old fashioned dear!!!!)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 25. 2016 15:09

No
[Post New]
Again, you are wrong. Messing with in this instance means "to tinker", but of course you knew that and "accidently" did not choose the most appropriate meaning, right?

Of course we know how the video was originally recorded AND how it was placed on the disc. The entertainment industry is not some fly by the seat of their pants industry where people just guess things and hope it is good. There are actual standards that they follow. If they do not, their movies look like crap and they are fired and those who know what they are doing are hired to replace them.

Really, you are trying too hard to pretend no one can know what the recorded video pressed to disc looks like .

You do seem to misunderstand what calibration means. This is not a surprise since you do not know that there are standards in color reproduction. You take a disc where the colors have been pressed to the ICC standard, then you display said colors. You then calibrate your display until the color you see exactly matches what the color is supposed to look like based on the standard. Whoala, you see the exact color that was pressed to the disc.

If you then turn on the enhancements, the colors will look different. If they are identical then the enhancement did nothing. Since they no longer look like the colors that are on the disc, we can safely they the video was messed with, aka tinkered with, with aka altered.

Also, how far away are you from your itty bitty 60 inch display? If you are around 4 feet away from it or further, you cannot tell the difference between 1080 and 4k - eyes simply cannot do it. There is a great chart here:

http://referencehometheater.com/2013/commentary/4k-calculator/

The human eye is amazing, but it is limited. For that small sized display, the optimal viewing distance is about 5 feet. No, not 5 feet from the TV to the couch - that would be where your knees are - your head is another 1.5 feet further back when you are seated.

I looked at the picture of the kid with a tan he does not actually have, sand that is darker than it actually is, and an artificial looking blue sky and decided I did not want that kind of messed up video. I would rather keep to what is pressed to disc, thank you very much.

All that said, of course you should get what you paid for. The OP of this thread only has an AMD A10 5700 APU and to use TrueTheater HD he needs at least an AMD Phenom II X6. His CPU simply is not powerful enough for the job. CPUBoss rates his CPU at 5.7 out of 10 and the X6 at 7.8 out of 10 (I chose the slowest X6 out there) - showing just how much weaker his CPU is than what is required. He bought software where he could not use all the features, so he turned them off and the rest works. It is his own fault, and he is fine with it. Most likely he did not bother to look up the requirements and thought he easily met them like most people do. Post processing takes a LOT of power, power he cannot provide, so the video became juddery and unwatchable.

Here is the link to the CPUBoss results: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-II-X6-1035T-vs-AMD-A10-5700

No one can blame Cyberlink, Microsoft, AMD, Intel, etc. for the problem when the root cause is that his CPU simply is not strong enough for the task at hand.

Since Cyberlink provides a free trial copy of their software, all this could have been tested in advance and discovered before hand. The OP did not do that - most people do not, so you really cannot say he was stupid or anything.

He is happy with turning off features his computer is not powerful enough to run. Why are you so bent out of shape about it?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 26. 2016 18:58

ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

1. Definitely enhance has nothing to do with either messing up or tinker you are using! Wonder what are you trying to prove?

2. Disadvantages of 4K is not our subject here, however it's simply laughable to compare 4K display to any simple 1080p, still obvious that you haven't watched any 4K BD to know the difference!!! Laughable as well calling itty bitty a 60 inch display!!! As for your eye theory, I'm understanding you completely as it will take you long to get a 4K after the 106 inch projector!

3. If you read other messages in this forum you'll see that everything worked fine before the initial Win 10 and AMD driver version regardless CPU and other nonsense you're mentioning! As said above other players having the same issue (stuttering) have been updated and now they don't.

4. Since the issue is not resolved yet and I suspect it won't be before PDVD 16 (hopefully) it should be indicated in the system restrictions for those having AMD graphic cards and Win 10.

5. And last but not least all those complaining had purchased PDVD 15 long before upgrading to Win 10 when the issue appeared. And we don't want our money back because no other player has ever achieved even close to what Cybelink had with True Theater!

Something you'll never find out as you are convinced that your 100 inch projector is playing the video the way it was made originally. You can sleep well then with the sweetest dreams!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2016 21:27

No
[Post New]
1. You do not understand what "tinker" means. I am easily proving that applying post processing effects messes with the video. You simply happen to like the results. This is not a bad thing, since PDVD gives you the option to mess with the video and me the option to play the video as it appears on the disc.

2. You brought it up, now you are poo-pooing it. Not an unexpected tactic, but a boring one. And yes, a 60 inch screen is VERY itty bitty compared to a 106 inch screen.

3. This thread says no such thing.

4. It IS resolved. The OP's CPU is not powerful enough to run the post processing changes to the video, so he turned it off an his problem vanished.

5. Irrelevant to the thread in which you chose to post.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
ernaniaroldo

I respectively remind you of these guideline which you seem to ignore:

"This Forum is no official support forum and technical support team will not reply to your postings. Please contact the technical support for official support. This forum is intended for user-to-user help. Please be politely and use a propper language without insulting - in case your posting does not match the rules your posting may be edited/blocked/deleted. In addition you may be banned from this forum.Before you post a question, you are advised to do a search on this forum."

Calling me a moron is insultring and telling other people they need help (personal attacks) is being reported to Cyberlink. You would have been thrown off other forums by now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2016 08:53

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ahh stevek I was wondering when you'd raise your charming head!!!

I don't remember insulting anybody by name!!! Perhaps in your imagination?

If you call personal attacks those ironic and hilarious comments I received and sent back, when you read this thread more carefully you'll find out that they were mutual!

If you read older threads in this forum you'll find out that several members (including myself) have contacted the official support about this issue long time ago as well as the reply we've got.

Being an old customer of Cyberlink (I purchase stuff since 2005), I'm in fact a big fan of it's technology and I never fail to repeat this in all my postings inside this forum or out. However when I see something not working as it should, I won't stop repeating as well until it's fixed even if I need to wait until next version.

Are those actual reasons to ban me? No
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ernaniaroldo,

You neglect the main rule of this forum and that's not tolerable. If you want to use the forum further so please use a proper language without insulting or laughing at somebody, even ironicly.
If your further posting does not match the rules, don't be surprised if they are edited/blocked/deleted. In addition you may also be banned from this forum.

We appreciate that you are a big fan of our technology and your enthusiasm for our products, but as you may know, this forum is not an official support forum and the technical support team will not reply to your postings. If you want an official support so please contact the technical support.
This forum is intended for user-to-user help so please keep the discussion enjoyable and friendly.

Best regards
Hicham

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 26. 2016 13:40

Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
@ Cyberlink-Hicham

Dear Sir,

I insist that I've insulted nobody, at least not to my knowledge! In case you interpret the "lol" I've added to some replies of mine as laughing AT anybody it's absolutely not true because "lol" usually follows a joke in internet language. And that's how they meant to be. Simply jokes!!!

As I said already my questions on that issue have been answered already looong ago by the official support and the only reason I participate to this forum is for providing alternatives according to my experience either here or in other threads. For instance in the present one above I've provided an alternative for those interested to enjoy True Theater Technology in their Blu-ray, but the drivers' issue prevents them.

Finally I can assure you that many members in this forum are enjoying the most my replies as they've sent me private messages responding to my sense of humor.

After all a forum/community is not only for talking about problems but having fun as well!

Don't you agree? No
[Post New]
If an enhancement CHANGES the video (which it obviously must), then it is messing with the video and therefor is moving it out of calibration. Again, you like uncalibrated video, I do not. The check box allows both of us to have what we prefer. Learn from this, become a better person, and move on.

I will simplify the pixel size / distance information for you - to help you better understand.

The further away from a small item you get, the harder it is to see until you reach the point where you cannot see it at all. An easy example is an ant. You can see an ant while standing on the ground. If you are on the top of a 5 story building, you can no longer see the ant with your naked eys. Somewhere between the ground and the top story, you lost sight of the ant. The ant did not shrink, you simply got too far away to be able to see it amongst all the other items on the ground. The same applies to pixes on a TV. If you sit past a certain point, you cannot tell the difference between 720 and 1080. That distance is even smaller to see the difference between 1080 and 4k. Moving from 4k to 8k makes the distance very small indeed. Based on your 60 inch screen, if it was an 8k display you would have to sit within 2 feet of the screen to notice any difference between 4k and 8k. Yes, your knees would be all but touching the screen. You can find a very nifty distance calculator at the bottom of this site:

http://carltonbale.com/does-4k-resolution-matter/

You are apparently one of those people who thinks more pixels is always better. It is most certianly not, since it completey depends on your sitting distance. Using the same calculator, my sitting distances are: 14 feet for 1080, 7 feet for 4k, 3 feet for 8k. If a human is sitting anywhere further away then 7 feet, that human simply cannot see the difference between 4k and 1080. Human eyes are not powerful enough to make out such small details over such a large difference.

You might very well be sittiong within 4 feet of your TV and therefor be able to see the difference between 1080 and 4k, but I guarentee you will not ever sit within 2 feet of your TV in order to see the difference between 4k and 8k. And no, youd not have super vision and therefor can see things no other human can see.

This thread has nothing to do with other threads. YOU chose to post in this one. This one was solved and the OP is happy. You should learn from you mistake of posting in someone elses thread by creating your own. Once you have your own thread, you can freely rail against the unjustness of the world and it would be on topic. This thread is about choppiness caused by the OP having too weak a CPU to use the video enhacement features. Once turned off, he became happy and moved on with his life.

As an aside, projectors do not use monitors, they use screens. This is another new thing you learned today.

Edited for spellnig erorrs.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 27. 2016 20:41