Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing Audio - Removing "hum"
Darp1 [Avatar]
Member Location: USA Joined: Nov 18, 2013 10:13 Messages: 122 Offline
[Post New]
I take it back, it took out hum and took out my voice and left things being clicked, mechanial sounds, back to square one. How it removes complex things in demo videos yet can not figure out classical hum surprises me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2015 20:06

Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Is something like this okay?

Jeff

EDIT: My bad, didn't catch you want the wind breathing sound

Jeff YES! and I think it would leave wind, I will post link soon. Did not see your post?? until put up 2 of my replies. Thanks!
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff, here is better section, it has the breathing. Naturally amped up by putting mic in breathing hose. https://vid.me/emMS

How did you do the noise remove?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Something like this? If so I'll put down a few bullet steps for you, pretty simple if something like this is good enough.

Jeff
 Filename
12783090.480p_JL.WAV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3200 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
161 time(s)
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes Jeff, that is quite good. What part of the program (or which part) did you use? Just as long as voice and breaths come through, that is good. I was baffled since it was so steady I could not get it out with the "auto" functions.

What need to do is apply it on all 8 hours of the video. Thank you for your help, look forward to instructions.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes Jeff, that is quite good. What part of the program (or which part) did you use? Just as long as voice and breaths come through, that is good. I was baffled since it was so steady I could not get it out with the "auto" functions.

What need to do is apply it on all 8 hours of the video. Thank you for your help, look forward to instructions.

AudioDirector is what I used for this, basic steps below:

1) User “Restore” > “Noise Reduction” as shown in pic1
2) Follow couple of items in pic2
3) When you click next from pic2, just apply to “Entire audio content” and you should be pretty good

Jeff
[Thumb - CAP_pic1.png]
 Filename
CAP_pic1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
198 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)
[Thumb - CAP_pic2.png]
 Filename
CAP_pic2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
177 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
90 time(s)
Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perfecto, just what was looking for. I saved it as preset and used on voice part and worked just as good. There is maybe 3-4% of noise left, but what was looking for ... is just what this does.

Now just pick the Preset you did, apply to the whole video and presto done. In case I do not run down my PIP into Vixia static noise problem, this solves it.

Sorta having trouble figuring out where I went wrong, thought tried it, maybe just settings as see you bumped the 2nd slider up to 4, maybe I did not. BTW am using that English PIP thingon Ebay so can use recharageble AAAs not watch batteries. Concept great. I have some old videos I took gettingthe PIP thing to work, will review them, hopefully narrated the solution for humm into them.

For the Thread starter here, think it was what he needed to an extent too.

Great explanation is pics.

Thanks!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2015 15:58

Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff, think it was settings, as can not find better ones than yours. PD/AD has about 5-6 different tools for removing noise, do you think this is the only one that would work so well?

Funny thing is the one did not try in PD (Wind Noise) because wanted the breathes, actually does get rid of 70% of humm and leave breath sound. Works much better than the other 2 selctions. Even though its not wind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2015 16:31

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Jeff, think it was settings, as can not find better ones than yours. PD/AD has about 5-6 different tools for removing noise, do you think this is the only one that would work so well?

No, what I did was not even the ideal method, it was a simple to explain method that I thought would give you acceptable results.

Not sure on your audio capability, but what you have is the classic Mains hum, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_hum . The ideal tool for this would have been the "Hum Removal" tool but in my opinion Audio Director has a implementation issue with this feature that takes significant user gyrations to overcome, hence why I gave you the simple to explain method. Maybe they would address the shortcoming in some version as it would be beneficial to those trying to overcome this issue.

Jeff