Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
18 Chapters!
[Post New]
Tony,

Magic words
as long as there's only one transition in favourites.

I had about a dozen or so favourites in there. I got it.

Thanks again

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2015 02:47

My favorite Quote:
"I'm not talking about dying Woodrow, I'm talking about living---Gus McRae, Lonesome Dove
PowerDirector 13 Deluxe v13.0.2408.0
DIY PC, 64 Bit, Win 7, 16 GB RAM, AMD FX 3.8G Quad Core CPU
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Video Card 1GB RAM
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may be able to turn off the overscan on that vizio tv. See this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_12134592_turn-off-vizio-overscan.html
[Post New]
Quote: You may be able to turn off the overscan on that vizio tv. See this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_12134592_turn-off-vizio-overscan.html

Thanks for the info. I'm not having much luck with that. All my TV has are settings for Wide, Panorama and Normal. Doesn't go any deeper than that. That would fix my TV but I want to send my movie to friends and family. If I ever get it done. I want it to be seen on their TVs as well.

Thanks again.
Howard

My favorite Quote:
"I'm not talking about dying Woodrow, I'm talking about living---Gus McRae, Lonesome Dove
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: You may be able to turn off the overscan on that vizio tv. See this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_12134592_turn-off-vizio-overscan.html

Thanks for the info. I'm not having much luck with that. All my TV has are settings for Wide, Panorama and Normal. Doesn't go any deeper than that. That would fix my TV but I want to send my movie to friends and family. If I ever get it done. I want it to be seen on their TVs as well.

Thanks again.
Howard

unfortunately, most TV sets over scan, how much depends on the brand and age of the TV set.

The one thing you can do in your editor is to turn on the TV Safe Zone to see what is in the area that can be seen on most TV sets.
You lose about 10% of the viewing area on TV sets.

Attached PD13 Preview showing the TV Safe Zone.
[Thumb - TV Safe Zone.PNG]
 Filename
TV Safe Zone.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
TV safe Zone
 Filesize
732 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
74 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There are many ways to fix overscan on a modern flat screen tv. If it can't be done then the tv may be too old. See this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_6904737_do-overscan-computer-tv-output_.html . This is one way to set it for a hdmi connected standalone BD or DVD player. Easy if you use a PC. The Catalyst Control Center for AMD cards has the adjustable underscan and hacked drivers for some old Nvidia ones for SD that I remember for those that use a pc for home theatre.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2015 13:52

[Post New]
Hi Carl312,

unfortunately, most TV sets over scan, how much depends on the brand and age of the TV set.

The one thing you can do in your editor is to turn on the TV Safe Zone to see what is in the area that can be seen on most TV sets.
You lose about 10% of the viewing area on TV sets.

I was afraid of that. I was hoping for an easier fix. I have already been playing with this and having some luck with it.

If I try and put the whole image inside of the TV Safe Zone I get really bad quality loss, from squinching the image in. So I find, if I let some parts of the image hang out of the TV Safe Zone, Like sky, ground etc the loss of quality isn't so bad. I just have to find the sweet spot on each image. unfortunately for me, I only have to do this to about 213 images in my DVD slideshow/movie.

Thanks for clarifying that for me,
Howard My favorite Quote: