Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 Fix/enhance problems, crash, slow, cursor jumping, audio/video splitting.
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
thanks Nina! I understand now.

No, when I said 1.5 hours, I mean it's taking 1.5 hours to render the 10 minute sequence. There is the odd title, fade, etc, but plenty of colourdirector use, and video enhancement. I think this is what is taking the time....but 1.5 hours?? for only 10 minutes? That seems a l0ong time to render to me.

I spend hours and hours editing. I don't think I'm as talented as you, you have made some beautiful frames etc, I think PDToots gave me one recently (that is you, right? who made the frames?)
I love it.

But PD13 has been very difficult for me so far. I've come from PD11.
This latest project has a few .mov files from my son's iphone, combined with m2ts files from my camcorder. Some are std def and mine are 50i. I think this has mucked up my editing suite a little. I've had dreadful problems with jittery production.

So....the settings.
I have deselected shadow files in General,

but some I am unsure if they are affecting my jittery production....
General: enable HD video processing? I have this checked.
hardware Acceleration: Enable Open CL technology.... I have this checked???
Enable Hardware decoder > I have this checked??? but hardware decoder on Produce screen is greyed out??why?
In Produce: reduce blocky artifacts - checked.
Reduce video noise - checked
>allow SVRT on single IDR... - deselected.??? what does this mean??

I am not sure which settings to check and which to uncheck.
I usually work in HD, 50i and sometimes 50p (this time it's a combo of std def and high def though)
I have a good graphics card, amd radeon HD 7800series, and an i7 processor, lots of memory and it's a fairly good setup.

So I'm not sure why render of this project is soooooio slow, and why it's often coming out jittery.
Wonder if you can help? Jenny
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Jenny,

The frames you downloaded from PDToots most likely are made by someone else
in the PDToots team. If there is a wish from several people the team certainly can
make another package. I'm glad you like them.

Settings and production:
Long time members of this forum know I consider myself LightTech, meaning I do
not at all have an expertise in tech stuff. But- I get by – “learning by doing” and
reading up on things when I need to.
This forum has been more or less swarmed with posting on issues relating to
HA, SVRT and graphic cards upon the release of PD13.
To find the exact common settings for individual computers…..it seems difficult,
if not impossible. There are so many variables.
I have 2 new computers over the past year. I have had to try/fail/try/succeed/try……
on both of them. Some advice helps,- but some advice do not work on my setups
of computers.
I have PD13 installed on a fairly strong and heavy laptop.
As an example, I can tick- or untick HA and it doesn’t make any difference to PD.
It decides on it’s own anyway, and I have to tick/untick in Produce.
PD always tells me there is a conflict of frame rate when bringing in clips to the
timeline, even when the clip is produced by PD itself. Odd stuff…….

Different formats and frame rates:
You would think it should be OK to bring apples and oranges in to the timeline
and produce to a common setting for the video file. It seems to work on some
people’s rigs, but on others it doesn’t. Again; what I do when using PD is to narrow
down the differences by using a converter, all to avoid frustration.
On my rig, .mov + .mp4 files go well together, also if frame rates are different.
In my world, I never use i – only p.
So many home-movie-makers today have the biggest, the latest (the most expensive)
equipment in cameras, computers, TVs etc etc. I don’t, but if you do, Jenny, and your
productions are to be viewed on large (4k) monitors, the advice for production settings
will have to come from others on this forum.

In any case; (lots of) effects, transitions, pips & particles, different formats and frame rates…..
it all will affect the time it will take to produce.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com