Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chapters Erased After Producing
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
I tried MP4 and MPEG 2...so I guess I'll have to keep converting my file using all the different formats until I the right fit(that will probably be miserable to watch on my 1080p TV

No. What GGRussell was saying is that MPEG2 is the DVD Standard. If your target is DVD, it has to be MPEG2. So it's not a matter of converting using all the different formats to get "the right fit."

(I know, this doesn't help with your chapter issues, but I just wanted to clarify.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2014 21:43

Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well...if I simply wanted to directly burn the file to disc(without all of the menu designing)...I could easily do that,but I want it to function like every other film in my DVD collection...but perhaps this is not possible,unless I go with Blu Ray.
Burning video to DVD has limitations when it comes to quality. Only one hour at the highest quality setting for singel layer 4.7GB disc, but I have found 1.5 hr of video is acceptable to most. About twice that for dual layer 8.5 GB discs.

If you want/need HD quality, the only disc solution is Bluray.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2014 22:41

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Philo -

Before we move on, has your chapters issue been resolved yet? Are they showing up in the menu? Can we tick that question off?

Everything GGRussell & fkaMikeB have posted is good advice.

I understand your surprise to see that your 2.25GB chaptered video + menu won't seem to fit on the DVD... but it does depend on:
a. the total duration of the video - which is 2 hours 20 minutes (i.e. too long for a DVD at HQ)
b. the properties of the video files in the timeline
c. how you've built your menu.

The screenshot attached shows a project with 4 chapters. The total duration is ~70mins. Video content in the timeline (because they're Full HD m2ts files) totals ~7.8GB. A menu has been applied and it will (just) fit on the disc.

So you don't compromise quality, you may need to:
a. use a dual layer disc (8.5GB)
B. split your project in 2 (approx 1 hour each) & burn to 2 DVDs

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - DVD with menu.png]
 Filename
DVD with menu.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
755 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
82 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
philobeddoe [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Toms River Joined: Apr 09, 2014 14:01 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Philo -

Before we move on, has your chapters issue been resolved yet? Are they showing up in the menu? Can we tick that question off?

Everything GGRussell & fkaMikeB have posted is good advice.

So you don't compromise quality, you may need to:
a. use a dual layer disc (8.5GB)
B. split your project in 2 (approx 1 hour each) & burn to 2 DVDs

Cheers - Tony

Tony,

Yes..my chapter issue is resolved,thanks.As for the dual layer option,a brilliant idea...I'll definitely go with that.With regard to using 2 discs to watch a single movie...well...you have got to be kidding,right??

@Mike & Russ..appreciate the info.
dbdvbxcvdvfsdv
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes..my chapter issue is resolved,thanks.As for the dual layer option,a brilliant idea...I'll definitely go with that.With regard to using 2 discs to watch a single movie...well...you have got to be kidding,right??

No, not a all.

Many commercial movies are multiple disks.
Any Movie on DVD that is over about two hours will be on more than one disk.

If you want to preserve High Definition, you can go with AVCHD to burn to Double Layer DVD (must have AVCHD capable Bluray player).

Or you can burn a BluRay disk (requires a Bluray burner). (Also only plays in Bluray player).

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

philobeddoe [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Toms River Joined: Apr 09, 2014 14:01 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Many commercial movies are multiple disks.
Any Movie on DVD that is over about two hours will be on more than one disk.

What on earth are you talking about,sir?Where are you getting your information??I have well over 300 movies in my DVD collection and not ONE of them are comprised of 2 discs(just for the feature film alone).

I have the Lord Of The Rings trilogy and the 2 Hobbit films and ALL of these movies are 3 hours in length and each one of these films are contained on a single disc.

Yes...20 or so years ago,when the DVD technology was in it's infancy and DVD's were the size of records,there were plenty of films divided up into 2 discs.

As for the Blu Ray thing,this subject has been thoroughly addressed already..but thanks anyway. dbdvbxcvdvfsdv
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There are still plenty of Movies in multiple disk sets.

http://www.amazon.com/sets-multiple-movie-part-seven/lm/33W5VZGSN9C9G

http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Three-Disc-Extended-Collectors-Edition/dp/B0044XV3R8/ref=dp_ob_title_dvd

It depends on which set you buy.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.