Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Build 1714, Unable to burn the DVD. Error Code eb130581
Steeldrum [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dallas Joined: Jul 24, 2008 22:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, new member here who just found this thread through a google search because I just starting having the same eb103581 error code. What's strange is we've been burning DVDs all week (converting old VHS tapes to DVD) and the problem just started today.

I appreciate the information here and if the DLL solution is an option I'm willing to try.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ok Steve,
PM answered etc. Thank you.

Dafydd
AMANDA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2008 14:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having this same error.... Very unhappy that I have paid for this program and the extras and cannot even burn a simple project. My burner works fine with any other program....
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2008 07:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
After attempting to use over a dozen disks to burn my 3 hr project, I finally narrowed the issue down for me at least. I have not seen the issue posted under PD7 but it was mentioned under the PowerProducer5 thread.

I want to use SmartFit. Other programs that use this type of option have it to be able to maximize the video quality while reducing the project to fit on a single disk. DVD LP mode leaves 40% of the disk unused and DVD SP mode doesn't have enough room. The logical choice is SmartFit. But that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Here is the obligatory info: Windows XP SP3, PD7 Build 2105, 4GB RAM, LG Burner (firmware flashed), and dual core Intel processor.
steven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 14:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same error for me. Can anyone help?

I have a Dell Inspirion 1501 Laptop. 2GB RAM AMD dual core tl-56-Windows XP pro SP3. I have PD7 and downloaded and purchased it 3 months ago. Just started to try and use it.

I spent a fair amount of money on this and have been kind of dissapointed so far. I have not been able to burn one dvd yet. My "platinum" membership has gotten me nowhere.

Would love some help.

Thanks,
Steven
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2008 18:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have managed to work around this error by Creating DVD Folder and burning with Power2Go, (or any other Burning software) it produced a great DVD which plays as it should. One thing though I cannot get the menu Audio to run for more than 15 seconds. This is despite adjust Audio clip to desired time.

Peter.
zoya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 20:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PLEASE HELP!! It appears that Error code eb130581 is a common problem amongst the PD7 users. I was very excited when I bought my PD7 software in June 08. But unfortunately I have not been able to burn any of projects since the purchase for exactly the same reasons as described by other users - Error code eb130581 & the burning process fails half way through. I am not new to burning dvd's & other brands of burning software work exceptionally well for me. I would greatly appreciate if the Cyberlink techo team would provide a resolution to this problem once and for all. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences.
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2008 18:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought this program for my mother and she burned 3 disks and is now having this problem.
Luc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2008 16:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Having the same problem; This is not good.
Darn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2008 04:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Not all solutions will work for all users, as not all systems (nor operators) are similar.

Power director does not contain files the way other media writing tools might. Instead, the program locates selected media from your sources and then applies treatments to the media.

So?

What this means is that the program is reaching out to multiple places on your hard drive and it requires a lot of system resources to accomplish the tasks. The larger the task, the more places on disk...

Please- follow me on this, I do have a point...

After ruining three disks, I changed my approach and performed SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. A simple disk CLEANUP and DEFRAG.

I am running XP Pro and my Sony Vaio is four years old (a technical dinosaur) , but I was able to cleanly burn another large DVD with no problem.

To ensure it wasn't a fluke, I ran various media types and sizes through to completion.

Here are a few things you can do before attempting to burn another disk:

1. Disable or remove unnecessary programs
2. Move all files off your DESKTOP. Shortcuts only take up 1-2Kb, whereas other file types take up so much more.
3. Run a disk Cleanup.
a. Check all boxes.
b. Run it once a week (if the system is connected to the internet, monthly if it is not.)
c. Run a disk DEFRAG. This will help the system to speed up a bit more.
4. Lastly, if you can increase the paging size on your system to approximately 5% of total.
• Right-click on “My Computer”, select “Properties”.
• Select the “Advanced” tab (on the “Performance” area-click “Settings”)
• Select the 2nd “Advanced” tab and click the “change” button on the “Virtual Memory”
EXTRA TIP- Setting the paging files initial size and maximum size to the same value increases efficiency because the operating system does not need to expand the file during processing.
CAUTION- Setting different values for initial and maximum size can contribute to disk fragmentation.

After these steps, constant maintenance of your system will go a long way to helping ALL of your programs run more efficiently.
[Post New]
I have the same problem! The burning process stop at about 26 %..... and continue, continue without doing anything else. I let the process working during 3-4 hours and doesn't go up...
I'm agree with Larry when he said "Cyberlink has to fix this......... and rolling back to earlier versions of Windows is a crappy solution, since no other authoring/burning programs have any issues whatsoever.".
I purchase this video editing because PC magasine refer to this product as the best.... but now... I'm not sure it's the best!
[Post New]
Can someone help me...

With PD7, I only can burn one DVD of 4 minutes and I can't burn any other project with or without menu.

I'm also not able to save any result in a DVD folder or MPG2 ..

I have installed the 2 patches : CyberLink.2227c_Patch_VDE080909-01 and CyberLink.1915_Patch_VDE080708-01.
But the problem is not solved.

I have Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3,00GHz; 2,00 Go RAM
Windows Vista Édition familiale Premium - Service Pack 1

Please help me

Anders [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2009 07:42 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
After several days of working on my vacation DVD i wanted to burn it, and got the same error when attempting to burn....and have searched this forum for a solution but none is to be found.

I have to say I am seriously disappointed over the performance of this software. And the lack of support from CyberLink, this whole forum is just run by users.

I will be attempting to get a refund on monday. Needless to say I will not be buying a CyberLink product again. How this product got top score at toptenreviews.com is beyond me, I am betting they must of payed them.