Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2405
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi optodata/Ron,
Thank you for the information. I have passed the data onto CyberLink for investigation. We might need to move the topic to a new thread as it maybe unrelated to the beta.

I note the
1. Content.png has mts files in the Library but none showing as used in the project.
2. The video track content is a? Not sure what you have present. Please advise.
3. The audio track displays an unlinked mp4 file.
4. Where are these source files used in the track located?

I'm looking for clarification and not implying your editing method is wrong. I'm just gathering info.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Update on my previous post on video clips not playing after a production is finished.
It appears that beta 2405 has fixed this issue. I was producing primarily AVC video in 15 minute segments when this problem originally began. The problem was NOT present with release 2230.

Thank you for the follow up HDedit.
Dafydd
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi optodata/Ron,
Thank you for the information. I have passed the data onto CyberLink for investigation. We might need to move the topic to a new thread as it maybe unrelated to the beta.

I note the
1. Content.png has mts files in the Library but none showing as used in the project.
2. The video track content is a? Not sure what you have present. Please advise.
3. The audio track displays an unlinked mp4 file.
4. Where are these source files used in the track located?

I'm looking for clarification and not implying your editing method is wrong. I'm just gathering info.

Dafydd

Yes, the editor content for that project is confusing because I was only using the Create Disc function and not producing a project. In the Content.png image, you see the two already produced files that I imported after deleting the existing project content. That's why nothing in the library matches what's being burned to DVD. Since I was getting the same error whether I produced the project to DVD or imported pre-produced videos, I chose the latter because it took less time to reach the 98% "burn" mark where the failure occurred.

I realize that has caused confusion over what I'm doing and I apologize for not previously explaining why I don't have a more typical project.

Also, the unlinked audio and video tracks in the timeline are in fact a single, pre-produced .mp4 video that suffered from the random separation glitch that is plaguing people since PD12 was released. I added that clip from the Create Disc/Content menu and did absolutely nothing in the editing window of this project, and yet the content has been corrupted.

The other odd thing is that the second clip, also added via the Create Disc/Content menu, is nowhere to be seen. Let me create a brand new project and add content the same way, then see if I can get the timeline content to both stay intact and show everything that was added. Then I will try burning to DVD again and see what happens.

Thank you for your assistance :
[Thumb - split track editor view.png]
 Filename
split track editor view.png
[Disk]
 Description
editor view of split track
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
245 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 13. 2013 22:42

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I edited my last post but it doesn't look like anyone noticed, so I'm replying with new information.

I have found a repeatable approach to triggering the random video/audio split issue. Can anyone else duplicate the problem by following these steps?

1. Create a new project
2. Go to the Create Disc menu, and on the Content tab click on the "Import additional videos" button
3. Choose "Lithe S&T Workout.wmv" after you have downloaded it from here. If you don't see the title in the list of files, it's the video with a woman on a Pilates mat (Note that it's 1.5GB)
4. Click on the Edit menu, and the clip should appear in the library and timeline, but it will be two separate video and audio tracks
[Thumb - split track editor view.png]
 Filename
split track editor view.png
[Disk]
 Description
Split track editor view
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
260 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This scenario did not reproduce the error (which has happened to me). I ran this test on my Phoenix. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
[Post New]
I had it happen the first 4 times I tried it, but it didn't happen when I tried it for the 5th time after seeing that you didn't encounter the problem. I tried it 2 more times after that and they both failed.

Then I thought of something. When I open up PD, it opens the last project I worked on. When I create a new project right there and try this test, the video imports correctly. However, if I create another new project (and don't save the current one), the split video appears every single time.

Could you try this again? Just create a new project each time and don't save the old one, and see if the 2nd and 3rd times you create a new project without exiting PD the split problem shows up. Maybe we'll still get lucky and give Cyberlink something solid to work on.

YouTube/optodata

Cray131 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2013 15:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.
My friend had the rendering glitch and this beta fixed it but now if we try to inport an mts file it crashes and with mp4 files it also crashes.

So what can he/we do?
Aus_Sean [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Nov 27, 2013 19:55 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I did this update early last week due to a freezing issue I had during editing (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31027.page).

I haven't been able to replicate the freezing during editing since the update and my actions/workflow hasn't changed. Coincidence or not, back to seamless editing again.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optodata ,
Thank you for the data you've provided. The unlinking issue has been confirmed by R&D and is being investigated. I have forwarded your information.
Thanks Barry for testing out the clip.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello.
My friend had the rendering glitch and this beta fixed it but now if we try to inport an mts file it crashes and with mp4 files it also crashes.
So what can he/we do?

Hi Cray,
This is a weird issue - mts/mp4 are HD files.

Please provide some more information on the spec of your computers. If you can please provide a video screen capture of the event.
1. Diagnostic, Part B in the guide.
2. Location of the media files you're importing - where/which drive?
3. Video screen capture, Part F, save as a wmv (Expression encoder option is probably best). Attach it to your reply.
4. Guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
5. We might request sample video files to chaeck out - at this stage they're not needed.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I did this update early last week due to a freezing issue I had during editing (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31027.page).

I haven't been able to replicate the freezing during editing since the update and my actions/workflow hasn't changed. Coincidence or not, back to seamless editing again.

Hi Aus_Sean,
Thank you for your information and participation.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Members,
A new Beta patch has been released today, please go to: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/31135.page#170811

Dafydd.