Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Optimizing performance of PD12
Harry Maes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2013 04:38 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Did editing on 2 video's today, no more crashes and snappy performance with the latest NVidia driver. Happy the issue is resolved by updating the driver.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Well then that's a good outcome I say.

I have various tweaks in the OS to make things more efficient.

Also just spent two days messing around doing a minor update by dropping in a 1 TB SSD (Samsung EVO.)
Boot times are just as fast as the 750 GB Seagate hybrid Momentus XT (8 GB SSD + 750 GD Mechanical HD) that I swapped out.

With the new optimization, over provisioning and Samsung's Magician software with RAPID setting tweaks- things are considerable faster.

(To get the SSD to work I had to throw every trick I knew at it plus a magical combination on external sata cloning trying 3 diff. HD docks, plus fooling the system into accepting it before it took... what a pain. And THEN Windows 8.1 hit and that cost me another day, plus two more registry hacks, 2 external clone drives, 3 backup images to test and going through the BIOS setting by setting to get every damn thing to work. Holy Jumping crap sakes !)

And I *still* haven't gotten around to installing PD 12 and tweaking that to make sure everything plays nicely... sigh.

After that I will throw Cyberlinks own torture test at it: the dreaded Full HD Playback Preview of a long video clip.. har!

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be