Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
wow powerdirector would kill a business
cyberlinknotsosure [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2013 09:17 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
not as of yet, its had a freezing issue for quite some time, it just freezes and "beeps" we never found a virus or anything our techs were stumped, im not ready to completely blame the software, or the machine, ill update the card drivers, who knows it might correct the whole issue, the machine as a whole runs weird, but we like the pd software so we tried it
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: not as of yet, its had a freezing issue for quite some time, it just freezes and "beeps" we never found a virus or anything our techs were stumped, im not ready to completely blame the software, or the machine, ill update the card drivers, who knows it might correct the whole issue, the machine as a whole runs weird, but we like the pd software so we tried it

Typically;

PD runs very well and produces excellent quality videos in all resolutions for me on my system. Editing projects smoothly and easily is enhanced by using a more powerful PC. Each factor such as amount of RAM, CPU, and graphic card level all play a role in making editing go smoothly. PD is resource hungry and if your projects approach a lengthy duration and complexity, meaning multiple video tracks, audio tracks, etc. can be more resource hungry. Also applying "Power Tools" and/or "video enhancements" to your video clips on the timeline can also be a resource hog to your CPU.

Lowering your
"Preview Resolution" will assist in helping editing play back more smoothly. The higher the preview resolution setting the hardware it is for PD to play back your timeline in "Real Time".

On a whole I am very satisfied with my editing experience with my average PC. 12gigs of Triple Channel RAM, i7 920 intel CPU and Radeon 5770 graphic card. I edit 1920x1080 17Kbps Bitrate footage and make projects in varying degrees of duration am complexity. Several minutes to two hours in duration, multiple degrees of editing complexity on my timeline. . Other factors also affect performance. Where your original Footage is stored and connection type, defraging your hard drive, etc.

For the money, PD is an excellent purchase and will be a solid investment. But also invest in a PC that has adequate power to make your editing experience a positive one.

There are other software choices you could make. But they are not without there share of problems.

My two cents

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 19. 2013 15:27

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
ok card is updated, i jsut put in a PO for a new machine
we wills ee if we get one! ill try those tips
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ok card is updated, i jsut put in a PO for a new machine
we wills ee if we get one! ill try those tips

What were the specs of the PC that you requested?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 19. 2013 17:32

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
well still no word on the PO machine, but now a new wrinkle, grrr, whenever i launch PD10 it comes up with the choice for easy mode, full feature, or slideshow, i select easy mode, the splash screen comes up, just as the screen loads the program BAMMM it crashes and asks me to send a report, same results for advanced mode (full feature) this thing is so unstable it is scary, when it works it works but when it doesnt its horrible, and the working time without issues is far outweighed by the unstable nature of this software, also photodirector, waveeditor, and audiodirector all load without issues, but for all intents and purposes PD10 is dead, i did uninstall and backed up the entire \10.0 folder on my machine so i wouldnt lose the projects, but after reinstall i didnt even get a chance to put them back into the folder cause the damn thing crashed on me!

Thoughts, ill put a different version or software on it if i have to, i just hope my templates and titles and transitions make the switch as well

Waiting for some help if you want to provide it
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: well still no word on the PO machine, but now a new wrinkle, grrr, whenever i launch PD10 it comes up with the choice for easy mode, full feature, or slideshow, i select easy mode, the splash screen comes up, just as the screen loads the program BAMMM it crashes and asks me to send a report, same results for advanced mode (full feature) this thing is so unstable it is scary, when it works it works but when it doesnt its horrible, and the working time without issues is far outweighed by the unstable nature of this software, also photodirector, waveeditor, and audiodirector all load without issues, but for all intents and purposes PD10 is dead, i did uninstall and backed up the entire \10.0 folder on my machine so i wouldnt lose the projects, but after reinstall i didnt even get a chance to put them back into the folder cause the damn thing crashed on me!

Thoughts, ill put a different version or software on it if i have to, i just hope my templates and titles and transitions make the switch as well

Waiting for some help if you want to provide it

Two Main things are often the cause of Powerdirector crashing on startup:

1. QuickTime, Install the latest from Apple. (Yes, it is necessary )

2. The video card driver. Old drivers and Beta drivers do not work well for Powerdirector.
Powerdirector is a video intensive program so the video system must be at its peak performance.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Carl

Ill check quicktime, i know i have 7.0 installed because all the newer versions are bloatware

I just updated the video drivers on this machine recently
[Post New]
weird i installed 7.5.5 and now it loads, very strange indeed, thanks carl for the heads up!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: weird i installed 7.5.5 and now it loads, very strange indeed, thanks carl for the heads up!

I do not know where you found a 7.5.5 version of quicktime.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

The current version from Apple is 7.7.4.
Only the Apple version is the correct one.

At least your Powerdirector is opening now.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.