Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New to PowerDVD - Blu Ray problem
rottydog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2013 16:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks ROTR

So glad I dont have these problems with TMT 5/6.

Think you know what I think of Cyberlink.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I'm late to the party ! Did anyone discuss you video chip drivers?

I just looked at your dxdiag file and saw that you vidoe chip driver is very old. You may have been relying on Windows or the computer manufacturer to update the drivers but it appears that they didn't.

Try going to the link below to update the driver. Double check to make sure it is for you and then follow the instructions carefully.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista32.aspx

Just my opinion but it does look like thew videwo chip driver is not able to keep up; perhaps the new one will. Let us know. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
rottydog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2013 16:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Yes I did update the driver, but had problems so went back to original.

NOW I have some intersting things I have found.

My Laptop (like most) can only refresh screen at 60Hz

If I connect the Laptop to a Panasonic TV and maually set the graphics card on the Laptop to 24Hz the the playback of BD is ok, i.e. not low bit colour as the original fault was. (My card cannot do 23.976Hz thats why 24Hz) I do in fact have some 24Hz BD's

However, is PowerDVD supposed to auto set the refresh rate of the screen (obviously im only talking of the external screen).

Where are the settings for auto refresh within PowerDVD.

Thanks
keefy [Avatar]
Member Location: Isle of Wight Joined: Aug 19, 2008 09:20 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rottydog

It's been a long time, but I was curiuos to know if the colour problem with Blu Rays was ever resolved.

I to have a Sony Viao laptop - designed to play Blu Rays, and DOES with the included WinDVD software that came with it. We all know it's long in the tooth, but with the Radeon graphics card doing some of the processing, Blu Rays play perfectly well. So it's not my hardware!!!

I have had the pyscodelic colour problem with many versions of PowerDVD, but usually it came about by me trying out 3D options and, by changing them back to normal, the problem went away. Now with V 15, it has returned, but I cannot get it to go.

I'm currently trying to resolve it thro' the support team - who try hard, so I'm not going to knock them, but don't, in my experience, always seem to read the question or get a satifactory result.

Any thoughts?

Keith