Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 11 Inverse Mask Puzzle
Frankc1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 21, 2012 11:46 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
Just had a little thought. Is there perhaps a set of inverse images stored in my cyberlink files? So instead of inversing images it simply calls apon the reverse image as it where?

Tried, yet again, to re-install pd still not working. Now to make it worse the Premium content pack wont load, though I must admit I dont even remember whats is in there.

The new error message I am getting is :

"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are Valid" It then gives the path to RarSFX0\1033.mst.

I think I am doomed to not getting this in working order. I got it as a gift so I am relutant to say anything. Apart from this it works ok

Whats in the Premium pack that I am missing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2013 10:55

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Frank -

As far as I can work out, Content Pack Premium contains some menus (3), particle objects (12), PiP objects (16), slideshow templates (2), style templates (4), title templates (32) and some textures & 3D effects for titles.

It's beginning to look like faulty installer files may be the root of the issue... in which case, tech support may be able to assist. Have you submitted a support ticket?

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/service/technical-support.do

Searching the forum showed up a number of posts with similar "1033.mst error applying transforms" issues.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Frankc1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help Tony. Yes it looks like I am not the only one with Transform path issues.

I have searched the forum and it looks like I may need a content pack uninstaller. Has anyone got a link to it?

I tried running the cl uninstaller for the main program. Then re-installed. No luck on the mask issue.

I also copied the mask files from my pd10 and posted them into the pd11 mask folder. Mask inverse still does not work. I can live with that. However id like to get the premium pack installed. The annoying bit is when I first installed the premium installed fine. Trying to fix the mask problem (((**& up the premium pack.

The revo uninstaller bit was tried with no sucess.

Thank for all the help so far. :
Edsger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2014 14:12 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Frank,

did you ever solve the problem? I've got exactly the same problem.
Frankc1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry no. Tried all the usual. Uninstall-reinstall. Update and various other settings. After spending a week on and off trying to solve this I have decided to give up on it and live with it.
Even when I upgraded the version of PD I still had the problem.
If you do solve it you will get back to us and let us know wont you?
Edsger [Avatar]
[Post New]
I used a workaround now by adjusting a different mask and adjusting that one. Still weird that this issue exists!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2014 18:07

Frankc1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry I dont quite understand. If non of the inverse masks work how does using another that does not work help? Can you clarify what you mean by "adjust" another mask?
Edsger [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wanted to remove the middle part of a PIP object using a mask. To do this I placed a mask over the middle and use inversion. This did not work because the invert option doesn't work correctly.

Now instead I use a mask from the available templates that is a border. And by making the borders big enough I can more or less get the same result, but this only works because the thing I want to mask doesn't need precision.
Frankc1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks.

there is always a work around.