Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra activation problem, help!
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2008 17:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue. Purchased PowerDVD 8 as a download. Had all kinds of problems with the download; I kept getting an error message that the install file was corrupted. Finally got that to work and now I have been getting the Activation Invalid message (0x80ab0005). I've been trying for several hours now and I've damn near got the CD Key memorized at this point. I originally purchased the download almost five hours ago....so much for being able to download and enjoy a movie, quickly and hassle free.
ROBIN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2008 13:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I PowerDVD 8.0 Deluxe and am having the same problem and same error message. Has anyone figured out the solution to this problem?
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Please contact CL support.
Some CD-Keys can not be activated with PowerDVD 8.
They will provide the new CD-key.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2008 23:24

David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2008 22:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I too have the exact same error code: 0x80ab0005

As for enterenig the code, I have cut and pasted it from my download message multiple times, so it has to be the correct code.

David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2008 22:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Please disregarde last message. I managed to get the program to authorize.

I went into the directory where the PowerDVD8.exe file was, right-clicked and used "Run as Administrator". Windows Vista's User Access Control did not activate and teh activation ran smoothly.

Thus, the problem is not with PowerDVD but with Microsft's shoddy workmanship.
Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2009 14:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have downloaded after purchase the software will not boot
it just gives me a box with an explanation mark does any one know what this might be?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software 3 times and nothing same thing.

Thanks
Piotr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2009 13:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I too have the exact same error code: 0x80ab0005
As for enterenig the code, I have cut and pasted it from my download message multiple times, so it has to be the correct code.

Make sure that you paste without leading and trailing spaces. The activation procedure trips over those extra spaces.

After trying all solutions presented above for 0x80ab0005, I succeeded using a very long roundabout:
1. write to Cyberlink support
2. receive reinstallation instructions (in took Cyberlink just 5 hours to respond)
3. reinstalling PowerDVD (it took 44 min. due to a lengthy process of editing the registry!)

It seems UninstallShield cannot cope with a full uninstall in Windows Vista (64 bit). I messed up my installation by applying Deluxe patch to Ultra. In other words, without help from Cyberlink, I would never get my PowerDVD running!
George [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2010 13:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just went back and forth for over 6 hours. Uninstalled uploaded newer version. Tried numerous activation keys sent to me by Cyberlink and I still get 0x80ab0005. This Company is completely incompetent.
AFSHIN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2011 18:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have 2 tickets open with these guys fo the same 0x80ab0005 problems for 2 days now. and No response. HORRIBLE tech support team. I'll give them another day before requiesting a refund. THEY ARE HORRRRRIBLEEEEEE
DENISO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2011 17:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have purchased Power DVD 10 and am also receiving the error: 0x80ab0005

I have read through this entire conversation and have tried all the given advice and I still get the error message.

It has been several days since I posted a message under support, and I still have not received a reply.

I have paid for a product that is not working and have contacted Cyberlink who have failed to reply.

Is there anyone that can help me or do I really have to look for legal means of getting my money back?!

Please help, thank you.
max1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2019 05:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The activation problem you are facing is really common nowadays. The error code is known as 51330. I want to suggest you need to learn how to Fix Wii Error Code 51330 and I assured you you will get the best solution for this problem. Whenever this kind of problem occurs then you need to understand what exactly the problem behind this. The problem behind this is not updating PowerDVD 8.0 and that's it's not going to activate.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2019 05:13