Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video file not accessible to move, copy, or delete. It is open in CVRS.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Okay- just did my testing.

For those following this thread there are two services one 32 bit & one 64 bit.

Go to your Task Manager and you will see:
Rich Video Module (32bit) & Rich Video Modules running.
They also known as RichVideo & RichVideo64 service and also show up as
Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) & Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service(CRVS)
They just different names of the same two services: a 32 bit and a 64 bit Rich Video.exe

Here is my test.

1. Stopped both the 32 & 64 bit .exe files in Task Manager.

2. Edited the registry to disable the "enablerichvideo" registry setting to 00 00 00 00 which is OFF (instead of 01 00 00 00 which is default ON)

3. Used Msconfig to stop the Richvideo (CRVS) from starting. Then rebooted.

Opened Task Manager to find Richvideo.exe (32 bit) did NOT start-
BUT Richvideo64.exe started. Hmmm... further testing:

Stopped the Richvideo64.exe in Task Manager- Services tab and fired up Power Director 11 and did some editing and mucking about.
Richvideo.exe still not started- however Richvideo64.exe always restarted itself.

Okay- quit PD 11 and went to the directory C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\Shared Files and renamed Richvideo64.exe to "Richvideo64.exe.bak"

Tried to start PD 11 - no go. Cyberlink popup warns me that the Richvideo Service is not installed.
Renamed "Richvideo64.exe.bak" to Richvideo64.exe and all is good agian. PD starts and works.

Further testing to see what effects disabling the 32 bit .exe service has if any.
Used Color Director, used PowerDVD 11 and started PD 11 several more times and used those- still no 32 bit.exe being started or called.
(Note the richvideo.exe might not be used for those prgms, I was just opening all the Cyberlink prgms I had installed and throwing them at the system to see what would happen. This was a short term test however.)

So I re-enabled the registry setting to 01 00 00 00 which is ON and and reverted all disabling procedures.

Anyone who tries to disable these services make sure both and not just one is disabled- then try PD and see if it will work. Let us know.

Rob

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
ChasCall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2013 12:40 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know. I think I will let all this stew for awhile and see what happens. So far CRVS has only kidnapped an occasional file every now and then and I can live with that by rebooting and hiding the file elsewhere b4 I launch PDR11. It's interesting though.

I'm testing the PDR 2815 update now and so far it seems to be okay to use.

Thanks, for your attention folks.