Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Linked audio somehow moves relative to the video without seeing it shown moved in the track
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Turn 'shadow file' off to preview your system may not need it and (on my system) smooths the hi def preview where everything is smoother.
Jim
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I've always had it off. Thanks for the thought. Are there any other settings that I should check? Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Watercolorwilly,
Please provide a 5 second video sample from your camera, point and shoot and attach to your reply: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/15/27560.page

Please state what model the camera is.

The sample would be useful to analyze and for members to check out/replicate a possible issue.

If as I suspect you have a high end Canon, like a 7D then the mov produced will have a much higher bitrate than a consumer camcorder..... Analyzing the audio info would be helpful too.

I'm just "fishing" at the moment - looking for clues.

Dafydd
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Watercolorwilly I was editing some video I shot last fall from two GoPros. My front cam for for about 45 minutes was facing the sun. I try to take Power Director and used the color adjustment to make that video look better. I was not done editing. When I went to finsh editing my preview was jerky and hard to edited. But I had to realize what that color adjustment made my computer work a lot for. I did lower the preview quality that help.

I know one think I learn from editing that fall video was to get all my clip edited and lay out like I wanted. Then I go back and add color ajustment. Then I would produce it on to a hard drive. Then I played the produce file and make sure I was happy with it.

I do have a few video clips from a Canon DSLR that are mov files. I see on mine the bitrate it like 28,554. I will try editing some of them. I have just played a few times taking video with it. Using most to just take stills with it. Plus the one I have just shoots 720P video. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Ok I loaded some mov clip from my Canon DSLR. I added transition. That did not effect the preview playback. I had mine set to HD Preview Resolution.

Then I add video enhancement at 20 still played ok in preview.

Then I when in and added some color adjustment like exposure and contrast the preview got a little jerky.

I did some looking around and see where like a Canon T3i can do average bit rate of roughly 45Mbps at its highest video settings. But that bitrate maybe for a 60D

Just some test I did the morning with PD and the DSLR footage I have on hand.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2013 10:36

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd I plan to capture some sample video clips for you to play with. But your request made me think of a possible conflict and I'll ask this first before I continue with your request.

I had mentioned my use of .mov files from my Canon PowerShot SX40HS camera. But for the last couple of years I've been incorporating video clips from one of the photographers that come with me on my back country trips. He has a small video camera that captures HD video. So perhaps 95% of the clips that I use are imported into my project and editing are .m2ts clips. In between those clips, I insert my still shots and stitched panoramas that I create and add pan and zoom, etc. Then I add some of my .mov clips here and there. And after some thought, I conclude that my troubles seem to coincide with my use of .m2ts clips.

Are there any known issues with using .m2ts clips? If I mix .mov clips with them in the same project, is PD not handling the combination very well?

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael, I have two issues which may not be related. I use still, often stitched photos that I at times adjust with saturation, etc. Couple that with transistions to other stills, or to a video provides for a terrible jerky or even freeze while the audio continues for many seconds before the PC catches up. So I avoid those adjustments that I have become to love in PD11

The other issue is when linked audio-video gets separated and gets on top of each other, or even relinked with the wrong video! What makes it really bad is that the display shows it as correct and normal. My first clue that something is wrong is when I preview a portion of the project and the audio is silent. I discover that despite what the display shows, the audio actually plays elsewhere. My only recourse is to get out of PD and return to the project. That is when the display shows what I heard - all audio clips linked to their videos from the present editing point have slipped downstream and scrambled as mentioned above. Because I have given each of like 50 clips an alias, the audio name is different from the clip. Matching them all back up is almost like starting the project all over again. I just can't understand why LINKED audio-videos are allowed to slip relative to each other. They should be a HARD linked with an option to make it a soft link or none. I can hardly believe that nobody else experiences this.

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

[Post New]
A suggestion for those who have problems with audio, upgrade to 2707, at least here corrected a problem I had, I have not done for more complex jobs also check other errors that seen here. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
I already have upgraded to 2707, but no joy. I still have my problems. Thanks for thinking of me.

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd I plan to capture some sample video clips for you to play with. But your request made me think of a possible conflict and I'll ask this first before I continue with your request.

I had mentioned my use of .mov files from my Canon PowerShot SX40HS camera. But for the last couple of years I've been incorporating video clips from one of the photographers that come with me on my back country trips. He has a small video camera that captures HD video. So perhaps 95% of the clips that I use are imported into my project and editing are .m2ts clips. In between those clips, I insert my still shots and stitched panoramas that I create and add pan and zoom, etc. Then I add some of my .mov clips here and there. And after some thought, I conclude that my troubles seem to coincide with my use of .m2ts clips.

Are there any known issues with using .m2ts clips? If I mix .mov clips with them in the same project, is PD not handling the combination very well?

Bill

Hi Watercolorwilly,
I look forward to you attaching some sample files. In answer to your followup question. Yes, there have been issues regarding the mix matching of video files. I want to check and isolate such when I review your samples. For the record I have mixed mta/mov/mp4 and stills in a project without issue. I should add the content I have may greatly differ from what you have.

I have also mov files (samples) from a Canon 7D that would make your (most consumer level systems) system squeal with pain They'd strain most systems.

Dafydd

Edit = "," added an "r" substituted for an"s"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 01. 2013 14:45

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm slammed with commitments this week. I'll try to get back to you within a week on some samples.

Meanwhile, I have also concluded that if I insert a freeze frame at the end of a video clip, the video parts following, say, a series of stills downstream seem to move to accommodate the video parts while the audio parts stay still. As I continue editing, the confusion may compound and PD gets confused and eventually gets screwed up. Then I get out of PD and come back to find scattered audio parts of video clips, sometimes even relinked to the wrong video clips! I think the compounding is when I use the overlapping fade transitions, especially when I move a series of overlapped video clips to a place upstream. I'll try to watch more carefully as I edit to detect what starts this scrambled mess of audio clips that I continue to complain about, and report what I observe.

Have you experienced anything like this?

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Watercolorwilly ,
I have a wide range of experience on issues pertaining to PC's, PDR and in many other areas involving subjects away from computers. To progress further here, I will wait for the samples previously requested.
Dafydd
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I had a few minutes to continue on my project. I had three still shots between two .m2ts video clips about 10 seconds long. I decided to reverse the squence of the three stills. As usual, I have a zoom through the three stills which each are closer - telephoto - to the subject to mimic a long zoom through the three. Changing the order of these required me to reverse the magic motion of each and again I used the regular fade transition between them, no overlap mode. I used the constant-gain transistion at the end of the first audio and the beginning of the other. Everthing on the tracks looked correct.

When I previewed that portion of the project, I thought I heard the audio of the second video start too soon. So I saved, got out of the project, got back in. Sure enough, the audio of the second clip had slipped upstream a couple of seconds. I locked the video and selected the audio to move it back where it should be.

Normally, I make a number of those edits and at some point I start to see and hear things look a little wierd. When I get out of the project and back in again, I see an accumulation of slipped, overlapped audio portions and sometimes one is on top of another. Also at times the audios get relinked to the wrong videos.

Because PD displays things as I think it should be versus the real jumble of audio clips that exists at the moment, I don't think of getting out and back in. Why should I have to?

Anyway, this keeps happening over and over again. This project runs about 45 minutes long and has about 100 video clips and about 200 stills, all with mostly simple fade transistions. Could this really be just my system being inadequate? Am I the only one reporting this problem? Sigh.

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Another instance: I have 13 .m2ts video clips in a row, followed by 7 stills, followed by a .MOV. Ahead of that about 2-dozen stills upstream, I created a freeze frame at the end of a .m2ts video. All looked good in all tracks.

Then I got out of PD and returned to the project to find that the first of the 13 .m2ts videos and the single .MOV further down had their audio come 7 seconds earlier. All the other video clips were not affected and are properly in line with their corresponding audio clips.

I was not aware - PD did not display the changes other than the addition of the freeze frame of this until I left PD and returned.

I have to leave for showing some of my DVDs at senior centers tonight and most of the day tommorrow. I still intend to capture the clips that you requested before, but it may be next week when I can get to it.

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I have now attached two 5-sec video clips. One is a .MOV from my camera Canon SX40HS and the other is from a friend's video camera which was recorded on a DVD and was a .m2ts file.

I hope these work for you and helps you figure out what is going on with my projects.

Bill
 Filename
00043.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
a .m2ts video sample
 Filesize
12420 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
245 time(s)
 Filename
MVI_1908.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
a .mov video sample
 Filesize
5752 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
294 time(s)
Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Watercolorwilly ,
Please download a software called MediaInfo http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en and display the data for both the video clips in two windows, side by side, in text format.

Now run through what you see - compare both clips, frame size, frame rate, scan type, audio - the whole lot.

Now I suggest you convert one (or both) or the other separately to the same file settings (Produce/render/create 2 video files) and then edit both together.

I don't say this is the answer but upon looking at the footage being edited, and how dissimilar they are and what issues you are having, then that is what I would do.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2013 11:41

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, Dafydd. Thanks. I'll try anything. I downloaded MediaInfo and took a quick look and compared the text of both files and see huge differences. But I assumed that if PD had that file type listed, then I could use (mix) those files in my shows. I did not think mixing them would be a problem.

I have no idea which video files I should convert and how to do that. And I wonder if the conversion will degrade the video quality.

I presume that the fewer (one out of 100 clips) .mov clips should be converted to the .m2ts format. I notice that I can create different file formats with PD in the Produce tab. What if I load each .mov clip into separate projects and produce each in an MKV format which may be close to the .m2ts clips I've been given? Then import them to my projects that I am working on.

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Watercolorwilly,
You have 640 x 480 mov files. If you upscale these to HD (1920 x 1080) you're going to display pixel quality issues when screened on an HD TV. You're between a rock and a hard place. Down-scaling the HD will result in a similar situation. Mixing the videos will be noticeable if you upscale.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2013 12:08

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
My suggestion would be to start a new project with the Mov video at 640x480 aspect ratio, produce it as a production, then another project with the 1920x1080 aspect ratio. Import your 640x480 as an overlay with an appropriate background and use as pip object. I have done two videos using a similar method with good results.
JIm
Here is an example saved in wmv format

Filename
FinalProduceEx.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
example
 Filesize
15209 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
247 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2013 13:27

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your thoughts! I will experiment over the next few weeks and see what I can do. These ideas spring new hope for this otherwise delightful product. Wish me luck as I have many projects to complete and am desperate to avoid re-doing these errors that keep cropping up and destroying my creative moods.

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good news, so far. I continued - I'm so behind - on Day 6 of eight days of my fall aspen trip to Colorado. Before continuing, I decided to do the following with .MOV clips in this project: I highlighted them (the ratio of .mov to .m2ts clips is 1:100 in these projects so this was the least amount of work) and copied them to a new workspace. I then created an MKV file (has the same resolution and frame rate) that included all of the .MOV clips and stored.

Then I opened my current project and imported that MKV file. I did a simple split to separate the clips, and moved and overwrote each .MOV file with its MKV clip.

Then I proceded with all sorts of edits that I pointed out in the past that I suspected would cause things to screw up, like audio clips moving from their respective videos in both directions, or on top of each other.

To my surprise, I could not reproduce the problem that I have struggled with in PD10 and 11.

I'll keep watching as I finish all my projects, but I feel confident this will solve my problems.

Any ideas on how to convert these files any easier than how I did it?

Thanks everyone! Dafydd, you were a great help. Thanks for sticking with me. I suppose Cyberlink would not care to help in preventing a user from this pitfall, right?

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM