Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Workaround for Error Code 800401F9 / Access Storage drive - Workaround
Dakkith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2013 07:35 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
This is ridiculous. Paid customers are being treated like criminals.

I've provided them with my proof of purchase and serial number, but I'm still waiting on a response to my second support ticket. I just want to watch blu-rays with the blu-ray playing software that I purchased - is that too much to ask?

It's been two weeks now. I certainly won't be recommending Cyberlink products to any of my family or friends in the future.
ReliQ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2013 01:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: One of the other blu-ray softwares still works, so I must assume it is not problem with Windows update but Cyberlink PowerDVD itself.

And since that Albatross365's test version doesn't work for everyone and it is behind protected ftp, it must be DRM issue. Did Cyberlink's blu-ray key expire by accident? That could make sense that they somehow tied in cd-key and that hidden key in PowerDVD 11 and older so thigh that they can just send one universal patch so easily and have made a more modular authentication system in version 12.

I would accept if they explain the reason to be something logical like this, but I don't like when fairly expensive paid software just stops working. I had planned a movie night with recently bought Batman trilogy in blu-ray, but instead I had to watch old tv-shows via Netflix.

The problem lies within the latest patch (v3318 ) of PowerDVD 11. It might have something to do with Windows update but even so it is a problem within PowerDVD 11 v3318. If you install an earlier version of PowerDVD 11 (v2408 for example) the BD drive is recognized properly but Bluray's can't be played since the key has expired.

What I'm left wondering is that does Cyberlink really have so few PowerDVD 11 customers that it's cost effective to hand out patches individually to each customer? This is something that really should be addressed with a hotfix available to everyone without a need to ask for it through customer support.
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
This hotfix is not published is because that it is not undergo full QA process so the quality is still uncertain. Also, this hotfix require you to input CDKey which generally is not what the patch update look like. This is the major problem that they couldn't make it public.

However, the provided FTP link address seems accessible by everyone.
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
i also received the same email as i have submitted a support ticket. anyway, at least it's an interim solution. better than none.
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
and may i add. it seems the cd key is not what you actually have. they are giving out something different.

sorry for the double post. i totally forgot about the edit button. again, my apologies.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2013 09:58

ReliQ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2013 01:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, so the download link works and I can play a Bluray disc. I thought based on Noguffay's post that it wouldn't work for everyone but it seems that it does.
Noguffay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2011 19:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Humm....Wonder why it didn't work for me?.. I will revisit this issue. My PDVD 11 Ultra key didn't work.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: One of the other blu-ray softwares still works, so I must assume it is not problem with Windows update but Cyberlink PowerDVD itself.

And since that Albatross365's test version doesn't work for everyone and it is behind protected ftp, it must be DRM issue. Did Cyberlink's blu-ray key expire by accident? That could make sense that they somehow tied in cd-key and that hidden key in PowerDVD 11 and older so thigh that they can just send one universal patch so easily and have made a more modular authentication system in version 12.

I would accept if they explain the reason to be something logical like this, but I don't like when fairly expensive paid software just stops working. I had planned a movie night with recently bought Batman trilogy in blu-ray, but instead I had to watch old tv-shows via Netflix.

The problem lies within the latest patch (v3318 ) of PowerDVD 11. It might have something to do with Windows update but even so it is a problem within PowerDVD 11 v3318. If you install an earlier version of PowerDVD 11 (v2408 for example) the BD drive is recognized properly but Bluray's can't be played since the key has expired.

What I'm left wondering is that does Cyberlink really have so few PowerDVD 11 customers that it's cost effective to hand out patches individually to each customer? This is something that really should be addressed with a hotfix available to everyone without a need to ask for it through customer support.

What it speaks to me of is, that not that many people are having the issue, maybe a handfull. I don't see the forum inquiries flying off the rails. It says something to me that I will not mention here, for the sake of incrimination. I think this issue comes from a more, lets say, missuse of the software, be it accidental or not.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was also told (by Cyber-Mike) that the CDKey you (the customer) own, and has to be a "Full install" CDkey, not an "Upgrade" key, as I tried to use. I have a realy old PDVD 08 full install key, and it does not look anything like the new cdkeys, so that wouldn't work either.
Ekmar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2013 17:01 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
No BD works! Only DVD...
helpless user [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2013 07:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
How long was it till the support answered?
I opened the ticket 2 days ago and was asked to send screenshots, what I did. Since then, nothing. No reply, ne help.
That sux, specially if they are only a few with the problem and the workaround so easy.

Customerfriendly looks different in my eyes.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: How long was it till the support answered?
I opened the ticket 2 days ago and was asked to send screenshots, what I did. Since then, nothing. No reply, ne help.
That sux, specially if they are only a few with the problem and the workaround so easy.

It's been a day so far. I'm waiting for a final reply with a CDKey to be given to me for the new full build replacement. If you have a Full Build PDVD 11 CDKey (not an Upgrade key) then this ftp link xxxxxxxxxxxx should work for you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 04:42

Jonathan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2013 11:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, got the same thing. They asked me to run diagnostics and then send a screen shot of it, obviously they have no clue what the issue is.

I've got an idea cyberlink..... try playing a bluray disc on a fully updated win7 x64 system at your office and see what the problem is for yourself. Then send us a patch for powerdvd11 that works.
S1lkyJ0hnson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2012 11:07 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I just experienced this problem tonight for the first time when I attempted to watch The Hunger Games. I haven't played a BD in about a week, so not sure when this started. Anyway, I had a full version PDVD11Ultra CDKey, and downloaded the "workaround version" throught the ftp site, and just played The Hunger Games through the previews and up to the title screen with no problems. I will watch the full version movie, and test a few others and report back, but this workaround appears to work.
ymo1965
Newbie Location: Peterborough, UK Joined: May 13, 2012 03:24 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Ive spent a good few hours with this hot-fix version as well and can report thankfully that it fixes the zero region-change issue. Would be real nice if the guys at cyberlink came clean and told us what it was that was causing all this mayhem. Judging by there skills at communication, that would be expecting far too much me thinks. Shame we had to scream to be heard by cyberlink, but for me at least it's all good. Glad also that all the updates are in the one installation file now. Fingers crossed for all you folks out there with problems.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 07. 2013 22:06

VaNilla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2013 07:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I registered just to let you know that the new build totally fixed all my issues. It's great to see that you resolved the problem, but you need to get this out in an official capacity as soon as possible. Almost lost me as a customer, you're just lucky I know my way around the internet/computers in general, enough to find this fix.
ymo1965
Newbie Location: Peterborough, UK Joined: May 13, 2012 03:24 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Good news that your issues are fixed VaNilla. Thanks for letting us all know. Another success story. Hopefully more will follow, fingers x
helpless user [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2013 07:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: How long was it till the support answered?

It's been a day so far. I'm waiting for a final reply with a CDKey to be given to me for the new full build replacement. If you have a Full Build PDVD 11 CDKey (not an Upgrade key) then this ftp link xxxxxxxxxxxx should work for you.

Used the link befor they x-ed it out. Software works after activating with my key. Just watched Skyfall without problem.
Wonder why Cyberlink is not helping. No reply from support. If it was for them, I could not use the software I paid for.
ymo1965
[Post New]
I never officially heard from Cyberlink regarding this hot-fix version. Not exactly in a hurry with letting there loyal customers know :/ pfft!

If it wasn't for the kind users here and posting the link they were given, I would probably still be sitting on my hands.

Cheers Cyberlink... not!

P.S From what Ive heard, unless you are using the very latest AnydvdHD I wouldn't advise you get PDVD12 or the upgrade, as it contains Cinavia protection. PDVD11 doesn't have such cr@p!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 09:34

Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I never officially heard from Cyberlink regarding this hot-fix version. Not exactly in a hurry with letting there loyal customers know :/ pfft!

If it wasn't for the kind users here and posting the link they were given, I would probably still be sitting on my hands.

Cheers Cyberlink... not!

P.S From what Ive heard, unless you are using the very latest AnydvdHD. I wouldn't advise you get PDVD12 or the upgrade, as it contains Cinavia protection. PDVD11 doesn't have such cr@p!

And this is exactly why I think this whole issue arose in the first place. They're cracking down on the use of the older sofware with this glaring breach in Copyright protection. I think they intentionally infused the error into our installed software. Meaning, I think they subversively installed the glitch.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 12:37

ymo1965
[Post New]
Whether it was Cyberlinks decision to infuse this premuim priced software with this filth is anyone's guess. Could be Cyberlink or could be pressure from the movie industry. After I pay hard earned ca$h for this software I don't expect to be greeted with stupid messages in the top-left of the screen after 20mins running time telling me the sounds been muted. Is this the thanks we get for buying your original movie. This hobby is getting more expensive by the minute and not helped by Cyberlinks incessant advertising and 'final sale!' messages for software I clearly don't need. Wait a month and they'll be another 'final sale!'. The demo of PDVD12 doesn't even work on my machine anyway. Tells me it can't detect my 3D vision hardware and selects anaglyph instead. It's not like I need an upgrade anyway. All the functionality I need is in PDVD11 thank you and good night!! All PDVD12 has is bloated networking and from what I gather, turns non 3D blu-ray into fake 3D. Yeh, well worth paying £30+ for... and a nice Cinavia bonus lol. My next player will be a hardware one, of that I am sure. It's horses for courses really, you pays your money and takes your choice. Not for me however...