Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD can't play DREDD : error 101
comicfan123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2011 12:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Boy,I'm glad I checked this thread.I was broswing this morning and saw this and the problems everyone was having but that a patch has been posted that fixed it.The last time I used my Power DVD player was last week with no problem when I picked up Argo.

But after seeing all the posts here,I decided to test my player to see if this same problem had showed up in the last few days and lo and behold,it had.

I tried both my Skyfall and Titanic Blu rays and got the,"PowerDVD can't access to the storage unit..."
then
"PowerDVD can't run because some components are corrupted... uninstall and reinstall PowerDVD...error code
"thing.

But I just installed the v2428 patch and that fixed the problem for me as well.Both Skyfall and Titanic are working.

So I send out my thanks as well to CyberLink-Michael.

Again,I'm glad I checked the board this morning.I wouldn't of even known there was a problem(and a solution patch already) until I tried to play a disk eventually.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2013 15:10

Attila [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2013 08:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm running version 12.0.2428.57. Issue persists
Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2013 02:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PWRDVD 12 this morning and lost the lot. I cannot play anything due to Error 101. I tried to update version 12 with all the suggestions on forums and Cyberlink website. Now it won't open the Downloader to enable me to update ver 12. Windows says there is a problem with the software and closes it. I am running Win 7 64bit only three weeks old. Where do I go from here? I have turned off Norton and that still doesn't work. HELP! I had PWRDVD 10 pre-installed on this PC and it (ver 12 removed it). So now my kids are bugging me to watch 3D movies....
Ishtar [Avatar]
Newbie Location: a Joined: Nov 28, 2015 23:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
While the error persists, and that Cyberlink dont give a "shit" about support, there is a way around it. This error 101 occurs because you already have Powerdvd open.

When you Mount with Virtual Drive from Powerdvd's Virtual Drive, Mount it but keep Powerdvd closed, it will open alone and it will play.

step 1. Unmount all mounted images of any kind.

step 2. Close all software not needed and that include Powerdvd.

step 3. Go to your image file.

step 4. Right click and Mount as Virtual Drive (the one that has a Powerdvd symbol not other kind of mount such as poweriso etc. will not work)

step 5. Wait for Powerdvd to open and load your image.

step 6. Click on ok. (for the Virtual Drive)

step 7. Your video will play. (Do not use restore play or recover play, Cyberlink did not fix it and probably will not. This issue dates from Powerdvd 9 or even older version. And it is still not fixed.)

I hope this Helps!

Good Luck. a