Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't save PNG files
[Post New]
Thank you for your review of PhotoDirector4. It seems as if you've decided what to do, so we don't need to persist with your crashing issue.

It's true that there are differences in the way different software functions. Some meet some people's needs but not others.

I'm familiar with LightRoom & am aware of differences in rendering compared with PhotoDirector. I certainly wouldn't describe the colour rendition in the way you have.

As a test, I took a RAW file from a Canon 5D Mk III and exported it (without editing) from both PhD4 & LR4, using the 3 colour space options (s-RGB, Adobe RGB & PhotoPro RGB) for side by side comparison.

Obviously the visual comparison isn't valid here. Members who are interested can download a zipped file of the original RAW (.CR2) file & the exported JPGs from LR4 & PhD4 @ http://www.mediafire.com/?qtd9t9rd9b71ey1 You'll see which is which by the file names.

I wish you all the best.

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_LR Export.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_LR Export.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
468 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
565 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 06. 2013 18:59

PIX YouTube channel
boristhemoggy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2013 14:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
And even those little thumbnails show a marked difference.
Yes I have decided what to do, but as I said, the crashing wasn't apparent in PD 4 so there was no issue with that anyway.
Finally, I've given this a good shot. I've responded as you asked, tested as you wanted and fed back as you requested but I feel you're defensive because my test hasn't proved positive.
Let me say this, tell me I've got it wrong about keywords not being read, and dng/png not being supported, and ask me for my picture files for comparison and tell me why there's such a marked difference, and I would be very happy to change my mind.