Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is anyone else having problems with youtube
sicaire [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2013 12:47 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
It works for me too, but now the previews in BD/DVD Movie tab are not working, anyone else ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2013 09:19

Brent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2013 07:34 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
my previews work
sicaire [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok might just be me, I might need to reboot or something..

One more question for you Brent, are you videos loading fast enough to be played in real time ? In 720p. For me its not, and also the 'image' of the video is not showing up when im browsing them, videos are only grey squares with the name under it. How does it compare with you? Im talking about the youtubes one, not the previews. Thanks !
Brent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2013 07:34 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
for me everything seems to be working just as it was before..can't really see any problems
sicaire [Avatar]
[Post New]
Allright ..previews are working after I rebooted, but the loading time is to long , its not like if going directly to youtube.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Allright ..previews are working after I rebooted, but the loading time is to long , its not like if going directly to youtube.

Are they all slow? How long does it take? Time one and give us the link to the video and the time it took to start playing. 2D or 3D? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
sicaire [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Stevek, maybe I've jump on conclusion too fast. I run some tests and it looks similar to when I go directly on youtube, first time I think i forgot to change the resolution to HD on youtube thats why it was faster.

Im changing my internet provider in two days so that might do the difference, faster connection might resolve this. Sorry bout that, my bad, it actually working good GJ on this patch .
campdude [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2012 14:40 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
yes it works... so far the patch is good
Karsten P [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2012 05:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sorry to inform the YouTube issues are NOT completely fixed with Patch v2625. CyberLink KNOWS - although it has "fixed" status in the "Known Issue" list. [v2625] • Resolves YouTube playback issue. / [026] [v2625] Cannot Playback YouTube video in some environment

(3D videoes with Privacy Setting "Private")

CL support indicate Q3 2013 (!) as new ETA for patch, seemingly not willing to fix the issues immediately, nor making a work around. (After several rounds with support.)

Is this really Rocket Science for CL?
campdude [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2012 14:40 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I dont know how hard it is to program for youtube.

I almost want to go to school and become a programmer and fix bugs in software just because bugs are annoying.
I'd like to remove annoyances for a living. In theory it sounds great.

I find myself in my current job sitting in front of a computer all day anyways.

BUT yea I can see that the Youtube site probably keeps changing its code and its not a major feature of PowerDvD... so I can see thier side of the idea. However, bugs and software glitches are things I do expect from free software........lol

I was expecting too much perfection when it came to PowerDvd.
There are good things about PowerDvD. I have not come across any hardware issues.