Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Rendering" while trying to work
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It is just a shot in the dark.

I hope it does you some good.

I do know that you pretty much have to let the update complete then you can remove it.

Good Luck!

Exactly, I was too fuzzy headed this morning. I'll let it install, then follow those simple instructions to delete the update. I'll let you know how it goes, Carl!

RB
Cusance [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2012 07:29 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you for the info and advice, Mike and Dafydd.

I admit I was so freaked out yesterday morning when PD wouldn't function, that I ran here to the Forum with my question without stopping to do a Search. Now I've done that, and see the previous recent posts about this issue. Well, maybe having the topic brought back up to the top again will help somebody else notice that there is info available.

I see on the download page that there are 6 updates for PD9 which I've never seen before. The third one down is from 2011-03-08, and "Adds support for the latest NVIDIA CUDA setup kit drivers, version 3.2." But that wouldn't do me any good now, since that update is so old now, correct?

On the older posts I've now looked at, I'm not understanding all these references I'm seeing to NVIDIA drivers "versions 301.42 and 306.23." When I rolled back my driver to clear up this problem, the Properties tab calls the driver "8.17.12.6658." It must be listed differently somewhere else, but I don't know where.

I suppose your advice would be for me to sequentially run all 6 of those PD9 updates I'm now seeing, even though I understand they won't fix this incompatibility issue with NVIDIA drivers?

--I let version 10 of PD come and go, and now I've done the same with PD11, because I haven't been very happy with P9 which I find full of awkward quirks and limitations. I haven't wanted to put more money into it, finding it difficult to have faith that a newer version will be something I could be that much happier with. Looks like the current upgrade price would be $60, not much less than I've already paid. I understand that the issue with my video card would be solved at least - I just hesitate to think PD has been transformed into a program I'd actually enjoy using.

I've never changed settings to block auto-updating, I'll go look for that on the computer.

Thanks again for your help. If you have anymore input on things I've mentioned here, it would be appreciated.

Randy

This means that like me you take your NVIDIA driver updates from Microsoft. I have always found this to be the safest route as these tend to come out quite some time after NVIDIA releases them. They are therefore more tested. however the numbering is different. I installed the latest NVIDIA driver from microsoft via automatic updates which was number 10.0.0.2023
however I then had the rendering problem so widely discussed in this forum. I rolled back the driver to 8.17.12.9573 and the problem went away. PDR10 Ultra with Win7 64 bit.
juan carlos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2012 07:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Nvidia has update the new drivers(310.70) and still does not work Powerdirecto 9.

You buy a software an non Cyberlink(with a patch) and Nvidia(with new drivers)solve the problem.

I,we all want a solution for that problem.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can find the 301.42 Nvidia driver here:
It is the only known good driver for Powerdirector 9 that does not have the 'rendering' problem.

Dated May 22, 2012.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Cyberlink has patches for Powerdirector 10 and Powerdirector 11 that fixes the rendering problem with the later Nvidia drivers.
None for PD 9. You only choice is the older driver.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

juan carlos [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl312 ,i tried this version(301.42) and work fine,but Windows always update at latest version.

I would like how to do to keep old version(301.42) and not more updates.

I think that if i search updates from Windows and when i find the latest version get it hiding.

W it be the solution for the problem?.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl312 ,i tried this version(301.42) and work fine,but Windows always update at latest version.

I would like how to do to keep old version(301.42) and not more updates.

I think that if i search updates from Windows and when i find the latest version get it hiding.

W it be the solution for the problem?.

You can turn off the automatic Windows update. And you can delete the Nvidia update from Microsoft.

There is a setting in Windows Update to stop the Video card updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54891-stop-windows-updating-specific-driver.html

[Thumb - Update settings.png]
 Filename
Update settings.png
[Disk]
 Description
Stop video card driver updates.
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
638 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 08. 2012 15:03

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

juan carlos [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks for the answer Carl312 .

I will do that way.
juan carlos [Avatar]
[Post New]
It works.

If you installed version 301.42 and then search for updates in Windows,you will see a new Nvidia version of drivers,just hide it and no more updates,then you will work with version 301.42 without problems.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: It works.

If you installed version 301.42 and then search for updates in Windows,you will see a new Nvidia version of drivers,just hide it and no more updates,then you will work with version 301.42 without problems.

Glad that was the solution for you.

Claus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2013 06:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I use PD9 about once a year to make a compilation of the previous year's family videos. This year, I start up PD and find that the software is essentially unusable unless I roll back my video card driver.

I can do that that and I can even spend time turning off auto-update and such. But unlike seemingly most other users in this thread, I am not very enthuthiastic about doing so. Believe or not, I use my pc for other things than Powerdirector - e.g. gaming where using year-old drivers is not desirable.

Right now I feel ripped off. I spend 100$ on a piece of software only 2 years ago which is much more than I normally would spend an application like this where there are many free alternatives. Now it's unusable unless I spend time messing around with my system, rollback, supressing updates and shit.

As for, "just upgrade to 11" the upgrade path is IMO horrifically expensive for what seems like an incremental upgrade feature-wise and performance enhancements.

I work on software myself - I know that supporting previous versions is cold hard ROI analysis. But speaking for myself, by leaving PD9 users out in the cold for such a critical problem you have definitely failed to retain me as a customer.