Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue with full screen mode on MKV.
t [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2012 02:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
go to PDVDLaunchPolicy properties and check compatibility for windows 7. check administrator.

worked for me
Yashwant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2012 11:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: go to PDVDLaunchPolicy properties and check compatibility for windows 7. check administrator.

worked for me

Not working for me

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2012 05:52

[Post New]
The new patch has NOT fixed the problem.

Also the new patch has turned my purchased copy into a trial version. And I'm not the only one. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/23146.page#124340

What a waste of money upgrading from v11 really was. Each patch makes things worse. As a media player it is garbage. VLC is free and handles multiple files much better. It is now only good for blu ray viewing and my OEM v8 performs just as well on my other PC. Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85
Moiz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2012 16:33 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: go to PDVDLaunchPolicy properties and check compatibility for windows 7. check administrator.

worked for me

Thanks for the tip, but it did not work for me. I fear to update my version to the latest one, given the issues. I cannot believe I spend $90 on the ultra 12 version. The program has issue after issue. Here are several issues I have had

-Issue with video in full screen mode (truncated at the top)
-Issue with switching audio devices. Constantly crashes windows audio driver. I set Cyberlink to use the HDMI audio, still uses PC speakers and sometimes crashes.
-Issue with android remote app streatched out and non-functional (Update: fixed via app update through market place)
-Issue with PowerDVD crashing my computer when 3D mode is used to convert 2D to 3D on a 3D HDTV plugged in via HDMI through my computer. (Although I suspect the issues lies more with the fact that I am running 3 screens (HDTV, 2 monitors AMD Eyefinity)

I am afraid to update, and there is no point seeing as how none of my issues will be addressed. Honestly I like the player and the feature set, but whats the point if it doesn't work stably. Further no one has gotten back to me regarding my support tickets in over a month. Why should I have to pay for phone support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2012 11:37

[Post New]
I have the latest patch (1618 after having to reinstall the whole program again due to Cyberlink sending out the wrong file and turning my program into a trial version)

The problem with video files missing the top bit of the screen STILL remains. God knows how long the next patch will be and even if it will fix the issue.

This is the buggiest product Cyberlink have ever released. It feels like we have paid for the pleasure of beta testing PDVD 12. That's a thing, do they ever do beta testing programmes? Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85
acemt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2012 16:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All,

I have had this problem as well since upgrading. I think Cyberlink has really shot themselves in the foot with this product. I upgraded from version 11, and it has been horrible. Blu-ray Disc folders no longer play, as they do in 11, and now this cropped screen problem.

It's a shame this company is all about rolling up the next VERSION without actually making the product BETTER! Shame on you Cyberlink. FIX THE PROBLEMS!!!!!

Mark
ceaser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2012 18:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having this issue. Windows 7, nvidia gtx 550 ti. Should I file a support ticket?
Moiz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I am also having this issue. Windows 7, nvidia gtx 550 ti. Should I file a support ticket?

You must file a support ticket. They need to know tgis issue is widespread and not just effecting a small user base. Its not even on their list of known issues.
ceaser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2012 18:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
OK I filed a support ticket.
MAGNUS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2011 07:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I did have same problem black screen or freze when I try play mkv files in 3d fullscreen or in fullscreen. It was not powerdvd 12 fualt. I manger track it down to amd catalyst driver 12.4 issuse. When u try install it, check see if really say 12.4 in the controll panel if not. you need do follow step.
1. unstall all amd/ati drivers for the graphice card include the mangers.
2. restart the systsem to normal windows mode.
3. reboot now to safe mode (do not try take any short cut if u do, u end up and start from 1. )
4. run driver sweeper in windows safe mode, and select all ati and amd and realteck drivers. (other wise it refuse install the driver proper)
5. and press on analasying and clean the setting.
6. after it run one time, restart windows to normal mode.
7. u will now see windows at res 800x600 screen (vista/win7) 640x480 (xp/2000).
8. install u catalyst 12.4 now
9. after it install reboot the system.

the solv was partly taken from sapphire forum for their amd 7770 card. from people that have audio issue with catalyst drv and they disover the 12.4 was not propper install.
Moiz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi
I did have same problem black screen or freze when I try play mkv files in 3d fullscreen or in fullscreen. It was not powerdvd 12 fualt. I manger track it down to amd catalyst driver 12.4 issuse. When u try install it, check see if really say 12.4 in the controll panel if not. you need do follow step.
1. unstall all amd/ati drivers for the graphice card include the mangers.
2. restart the systsem to normal windows mode.
3. reboot now to safe mode (do not try take any short cut if u do, u end up and start from 1. )
4. run driver sweeper in windows safe mode, and select all ati and amd and realteck drivers. (other wise it refuse install the driver proper)
5. and press on analasying and clean the setting.
6. after it run one time, restart windows to normal mode.
7. u will now see windows at res 800x600 screen (vista/win7) 640x480 (xp/2000).
8. install u catalyst 12.4 now
9. after it install reboot the system.

the solv was partly taken from sapphire forum for their amd 7770 card. from people that have audio issue with catalyst drv and they disover the 12.4 was not propper install.

Thanks for the advice, but still no luck. I moved onto Corel WinDVD Pro. Although it has a limited feature set, it works as advertised. I really wish PowerDVD 12 would Just work (bc I love the features), but what good are they if they dont work. The only thing I regret is purchasing this software.
VJKDIGITAL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2012 12:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Tried the driver fix too, No luck.

Is this issue being seen too, I don't want screen burn thanks to a bug I didn't pay for!
Павел [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2012 14:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The same problem.. after installing the update to version 1618, singing wound stripe at the top...and no matter what the format of the movie..
VJKDIGITAL [Avatar]
[Post New]
This issue still isn't even listed on the known issues page!?
Seems many mp4, avi, sect files have this issue when played on ati hardware. I have 3 systems, the two ati PC's, with one a very old driver, one on latest driver after reinstall of PC.

Both system have this issue and it seems nothing is being done about it?
MAGNUS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2011 07:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Here is how I slov my last issues complete.

I do not blame cyberlink for this issue. I did have this issue in catalyst 12.4 for ati. as I wrote, but I did discover after hard testing this issue (not with powerdvd) for games (black screen) or other issue. I contact my retail store and desc the issue. They told me I was force todo complete reinstall of windows thanks for crapby driver. and install catalyst 12.3 I have done that. all my issue did go away. I have update to 12.6 drv now I do not known yet if it working well, I got some issue with other software have not yet tested powerdvd with it.

If Cyberlink skip using amd ati readon dxva and write a opencl decoding. this issue should not be show any more in any drv. it is amd dxva drv that is crap even in 12.6
in some program. it stop working. I do not known if it issue with my new cpy and mainboard or crapby dxva drv yet.
acemt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have upgraded to 12.6 drivers. Same problem still remains. Black bar at the top. Works good in Powerdvd 11. This is an issue ONLY with version 12!!!
VJKDIGITAL [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I would have been better off downloading an illegal copy of v11, than paying $100 for software that is wrecking my plasma.
acemt [Avatar]
[Post New]
DING-DING-DING...You win the prize
Drinko [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2012 08:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This issue still isn't even listed on the known issues page!?

If you have not understood - CyberLink developers to spit on you.

From you, they got all they wanted, and what will happen then - them anyway.
acemt [Avatar]
[Post New]
HERES What I got today....

Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with PowerDVD and while playback you are getting black bar on the top of the video.

I would like to inform you that, I have escalated your issue to our Product & Development and they are working on it to resolve the issue and in the end of Aug they will release the patch to resolve the issue, so please keep visit www.cyberlink.com for latest updates.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav
CyberLink Technical Support
peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2012 00:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

this message comes up when trying to play priest blu ray 3d
with a close option and won't play the movie

what can i do