Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Considering purchase
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks so much for your reply HalCon.

I for one can thoroughly recommend your upgrade to Win7 when it happens. I've found it to be one of the most stable and forgiving OS's I've used.
The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Should like to thank everyone for their assistance in helping me make my decision.

Am about to set off to purchase my PD10 Ultra shortly.

No doubt an afternoon's editing will follow.....

Cheers again folks! The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
KentuckyRandy [Avatar]
Member Location: Kentucky USA Joined: Oct 27, 2010 09:39 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Fyi, with other nle's, There seems to be a performance/stability/compatable difference in W7 pro 64 vs W7 home 64. I have also noticed this with other business software.
I would advise W7 pro.

Randy Self Built PC - W7 Pro 64 bit w/ SP1
ASROCK 970 Extreme 3 / AMD Black X4 3.2 / ATI 6850 1 gb /
8 gb DDR3-1600 / 1394 Firewire / LG SATA-2 Bluray Burner /
Internal Drives: SATA 3 7200rpm = 1.0-tb, 640 gb, 300 gb /
Pana TM90 / Canon HV30 / Sony HC 7 / Canon M40
Epson 810 DVD-CD printer.
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Purchased, installed mid afternoon, and already makin' inroads!!!

So far have imported video and image files, started stitchin' together, found I can use my entire iTunes library (oh yes...), experimented with Magic Music (although that's been a little tempremental so far), and have shoved in a few transistiion scenes and made some original titles.

Looks good so far....

Acid test is whether the blu ray disc will look sharp as a button. No reason to suppose it won't - it's done what it said on the tin so far. The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....