Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
m2v files--Best way to maintain quality
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Randy -

You'll have to forgive my errors/typos or whatever they were. My apologies. You're right... one of the entries did say "I288000".

My blunder was that when I read the post by Lachbuster that Kevin linked it said:
This trick also works for customizing bitrates btw, much like with fps....you have to make two similar changes in the custom.prf file....if you saved the profile as 3 mbps, for example, you'll find 'I3xxxxxx' (where x corresponds to the saved audio bitrate), and 'I3000000' (the saved video bitrate). If you wanted 5.25mbps instead, substitute 5250000 (+ audio bitrate, ie 256000) for the first and 5250000 for the one that was 'I3000000'. Save and voila.

In checking out the mistake you pointed out, I found there were in fact three (3) occurrences of sg22 Ixxxxxxxx. Once I'd changed the 2 I found, I thought I was done. Apparently, not so.

So you can see what I mean, I've copied the text from the prf file into a Word doc & highlighted those entries in red. (attached)

Randy - I don't pretend to understand all the gobbledygook in those files. Just following instructions & trying to work out a possible solution.

I do know that I produced a profile that generated a video with a high bitrate, which is what you were after.

Anyway - it's a good day when I can learn something, even if it's because I've made errors.

Glad you're getting places with your production.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Randy Profile.doc
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
468 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2012 00:04

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Randy -

You'll have to forgive my errors/typos or whatever they were. My apologies. You're right... one of the entries did say "I288000".

My blunder was that when I read the post by Lachbuster that Kevin linked it said:
This trick also works for customizing bitrates btw, much like with fps....you have to make two similar changes in the custom.prf file....if you saved the profile as 3 mbps, for example, you'll find 'I3xxxxxx' (where x corresponds to the saved audio bitrate), and 'I3000000' (the saved video bitrate). If you wanted 5.25mbps instead, substitute 5250000 (+ audio bitrate, ie 256000) for the first and 5250000 for the one that was 'I3000000'. Save and voila.

In checking out the mistake you pointed out, I found there were in fact three (3) occurrences of sg22 Ixxxxxxxx. Once I'd changed the 2 I found, I thought I was done. Apparently, not so.

So you can see what I mean, I've copied the text from the prf file into a Word doc & highlighted those entries in red. (attached)

Randy - I don't pretend to understand all the gobbledygook in those files. Just following instructions & trying to work out a possible solution.

I do know that I produced a profile that generated a video with a high bitrate, which is what you were after.

Anyway - it's a good day when I can learn something, even if it's because I've made errors.

Glad you're getting places with your production.

Cheers - Tony

Hi, Tony - I hope you understand I wasn't intending any criticism. Good heavens no, it's great that you've investigated this process of tweaking the Espresso profile settings, and tried to help me out.

I went again, this time making a notepad doc from your new Word Doc attachment, and testing it in my Espresso. I see the three "sg22" entries - I don't know why they say "25000000" instead of "25000 kbps" which is the bitrate for these m2v files, I'm just guessing that for some reason that's the way Espresso needs to list bitrates, with the extra zeros.

But I had the same results - 13 kbps is still the highest rate available.

One theory I have is that it doesn't work to share profiles. Maybe there's code in that mass of text which makes it unique to a user's registered copy of Espresso. --But I don't know! It just doesn't work for me.

I also looked again at my original profile, and the only "sg22" entry in it just says "I3"--as I said before.

Meanwhile, I've done massive editing on the project, and the results are more than just acceptable. I'm content.

Thanks again, Tony and Kevin.

Randy B.