Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing Quality Interlaced AVCHD Video
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
More importantly the scan type is MBAFF instead of interlaced which may not be supported by some media players. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
GSB1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2011 06:58 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: More importantly the scan type is MBAFF instead of interlaced which may not be supported by some media players.

I did see that (noted as I had read about MBAFF earlier in the day) but then over looked and fogot about it. Well highlighted. I've made bold in my post to make it clear.

Obviously I would like PD to give me the power to choose some of these production options. However if I had a simple way to remux the MPEG-TS AVC format MBAFF scan type video to BDAV AVC interlaced video, I would have a work around without compromise.

Any ideas on options for txMuxeR or other tools? I have tried Avidemux without any luck.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2011 01:36

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
i7 860 @ 2.8GHz
8GB RAM
ATI Radeon 6670 1GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Ultimate)
Roland vl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2017 03:44 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.305
Stream size : 39.9 MiB (94%)

The true is that even the last PowerDirector 16 cannot produce real true interlaced footage. In the header of the file there is "interlaced " or "top field first", but the frames are NOT interlaced. Verify this in a player which shows the raw footage.

Hard and software takes therefore sometimes wrong decisions and playback is jumpy.

I tried to create a profile for interlaced footage, but the result was always de-interlaced (even with a profile "interlaced").