Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
momentarily lags, sometimes locks up
TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
The PD install was done on the SSD (C. But when I'm working with the program, I redirect my files to the 1TB hard drive. I know that some stuff still makes it's way over to the SSD drive during rendering, but the bulk of the project migrates to the other hard drive.

Now mind you, I haven't done anything elaborate with PD9, but what I've done, I'm pleased overall with the performance. I'm an old man and have grown patient. When I have a lockup or glitch, I just try to roll with the punches and realize that what I'm able to do now was pretty much impossibe a couple of years ago. I'm not making excuses, just personal observations.

I wish you the best in your endeavours. WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64
LG-12X Blu-Ray
Cameras: Canon 7D, Canon HF S21
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi William.gh,
You asked about obtaining earlier full build releases of PD9. You need to approach Technical Support, give your reasons and make sure you have proof of purchase (order number) and contact data

William.gh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2011 22:00 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I just wanted to let everyone know after a lot of back-dated drivers and various pd9 install procedures i am unable to reproduce the problem.

Looks to have something to do with either ati driver, smartsound, quicktime, CLcleaner, or the mess of uninstalling and reinstalling things many times. OR, i'm just momentarily lucky and the problem will resurface tomorrow. But what I do note is video transition, when overlapping videos, no longer pauses for about a second when doing movie playback. Not that it was an issue aesthetically, but proof that there was more going on behind the scenes that was probably the cause.

...now to go through the steps in a systematic way to isolate the cause... tomorrow.
CapsPro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2011 02:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am also having this 10 second lag issue while scrubbing the timeline. See my thread here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18786.page#97466

I am using completely different hardware:
Intel i7 950
Intel Desktop Board DX58SO
12 GB RAM - 1600
Nvidia GEForce GTX 260
1 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 250GB (Windows/Program Files)
2 x Seagate Barracuda ES 2 - 1T each (Project Files)

Also, no google toolbar installed.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but wanted to add some extra info to the mix.

Regards,
Steve

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
William: did you ever fix it? I have exactly the same momentary lag problem (and do not use an SSD). I make this software unusable for video editing...

Jan
William.gh [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have not figured out the source of the problem yet. Though my test results are back and forth. I have stabilized it into a functional state by now, it seems by uninstalling and re-installing so many times. I think it works now because I actually broke the function that was causing the hangs. So my current advice is uninstall and re-install again and again.

Tech support is pretty much no help (they might as well answer the phone with the name Peggy) and I have to talk to them in order to communicate with Taiwan. I've called various extentions but I get hung up on because I don't speak Taiwanese. I'm pretty displeased but would still like to resolve the issue because I do think its an easy fix on Cyberlink's end. There are too many people with the same issue for this to be tossed aside.

Jan, I saw your post about rev.2330. I didn't try back that far on backdates, partly because I'm not sure if loading an old patch on a new release makes a difference. Advice to you is use your version un-updated until you realize you need to update.
William.gh [Avatar]
[Post New]
With the alleviated sympton over the weekend, I was able to get some work done finally. I'm a little pooped out over tech support but have gotten that fired up again. But I have not attempted to do any more testing just yet.

i might run some checks on registry data between stable and unstable states.
William.gh [Avatar]
[Post New]
In response to your post David, the camera I'm using is the Canon HG10 producing files in mts format. Ive produced the videos into HD mpeg2 and 4 with similar results.

In order to finish my projects I have resolved to not reboot my computer since most commonly after a cold start, the issue is more likely to happen. Everything runs flawlessly if I install and keep the computer on.

Registry dump comparisons provided no worth while informaiton. And with the installer I am using (pre-patched to 2930) my hands are tied. I have been providing tech support with a number of dumps and logs but I'm skeptical about an answer being in that data.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi William.gh,

I have been informed of the following:
CL so far have not able to reproduce the issue. CL also use SSD to test this case. However, CL currently think it's not relate to SSD. CL would also like more detailed steps and more other info.

I have edited some of the bits in that last paragraph.

William, I know you've been testing and checking. Please advise of your present situation and if you can write up your findings, post as an attachment. I'll forward the data to CyberLink.

My ref 239.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 16. 2011 10:21