Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video quality question
Rolfe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2009 05:06 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The effects you are seeing has been described in various forms on this forum and is due to the poor handling of interlaced files in PD. PD just line doubles causing awful combing, loses half of the available information and causes all that panning judder people complain about (as well as the softening you are seeing).

Thank you so much. Great explanation. As I mentioned in the original post, I'm shooting at 1080i. As a result, PD9 is not acceptable to me.

Bankroot:

I'll stick with my 'nonsense' about incompatibility -- i.e. my camera shoots 1080 interlaced, which is not (very) compatible with PD9. Re your suggestions -- I don't think (1) is going to help based on the explanation quoted above. However, I think your (2) is right on.

Thanks to all.

--rolfe.
[Post New]
This is not "incompatibility" Rolfe , this is a PD's big problem.
This is why I wrote nonsense.

Almost every amateurish camcorders records in interlaced method.

cheers