Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SmartSound Not Playing
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Further update, after burning discs with my Peer Gynt, went back and tried producing a 20-second intro with Aerial.jpg, plus my title, plus 20-seconds of Pavane. Produced and it played. Substituted aerial.jpg for my .jpg image file, produced, and it played.

I am beginning to wonder if McAfee update ties up a service or process and maybe a reboot is in order after a McAfee update. The computer did start "clean yesterday - rebooted after the McAfee update and then started PD9. I know I am clutching at straws, but this is a weird problem. Sometimes the solutions are so simple if you can just figure out what is sabotaging PD9.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
I also had trouble when adding a 4 minuete Pavane clp, it said error making movie, but when i re-produced pavane on its own as a two minuete clip it worked fine.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Phil -

An amazing thing just happened

Using the current patched version of PD9 (9.0.0.3305) & SmartSound Quicktracks (5.1.8.0) I loaded each of the Core Foundations tracks into small projects - these were the ones not playing audio in produced files consistently.

With a 00:01:00:00 video clip, I made the soundtrack in different configurations - some went for the whole minute & some had 2 different tracks going for 30 seconds.

Every single one worked every single time!

Hope it's working for you.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Tony: I have done any extensive testing, but just yesterday, working on a family slideshow, I created a 3:49 minute version of Pachelbel Canon and just dragged it to the timeline, stretched it out, and it worked fine. I had been previously pre-producing my SS clips in Sonicfire Pro 5 as .wav files and then importing those, so perhaps Build 3305 has solved the problems that we saw in Build 2930 and previously builds. It is so much easier when things work as they should. I will keep an eye on SS and will report back if I encounter any problems.

Thanks for the testing, Tony. I hope the bugs have been eliminated because I find SS to be a great product and addition to PD9.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Geoffrey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2012 02:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just had a problem with no sound in the timeline, but it's been corrected now thankgoodness. By reading the above I discovered that I might unlink the audio /viedo and move the audio to another audio track to see if that worked.
Then I noticed that the little check box adjacent to the time line for the audio hadn't been ticked to 'enable'. I then ticked it and the audio is now working fine in timeline much to my relief .... phewwwww