Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 trial version - findings of a newbie
K L V [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2011 02:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
This is not odd.

When I purchased PD8, I faced the same problem. I have the link file sent after the confirmation of order placed. But when I clicked on the link, system said No orders found. it may be noted that I have bought extended support also - which should facilitate re-download... that too not working for me and that is the reason I have put "Very Sad ..."

Have already contacted support and waiting for response.
K L V [Avatar]
[Post New]
One cannot expect to download a file of size 500MB and above in a single attempt. The link must be available till the entire file gets downloaded and installed successfully....

Also, it was advised not to use any download accelerators while downloading PD...

This must be addressed immediately by Cyberlinks to avoid frsutrations to the customers who are bying online.
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
For information purposes only, did you download the program from Digital River, an independent download company, that many companies use for the purposes of large file download. I have used this company for many years downloading Microsoft Operating systems and buying installation keys separately for mutible computers.
I used the same company for Cyberlink PD8 & PD9 with no problems.
Has Cyberlink changed now to a different way of handling their downloads. It used to be you could also for a minimal fee order a separate DVD back up program when you place your order.
I am just curious on what is going wrong, as I see many complaints now.
Also do you have a fast broadband connection?

Thanks for taking time to discuss this problem.
Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2011 06:58

Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
K L V [Avatar]
[Post New]
Through Digital River only ...

I have a broadband connectivity also. Due to some problem in the net, I had to cut the download. After some time I just tried to download again, but link displays no orders found.

I gave mail to support 24 hrs back; till now I have not received any reply from them.

when i bought PD8, I had the similar problem - I got the download link and got it downloaded. I always face this problem when the download is activated through Digital River. I had problem in downloding other software too which was downlaodable through digital river...

Thanks for asking so many details ..
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
KLV
Did you contact Digital River or Cyberlink. Digital River is the company you paid for the download probably. If I were you, I think I would contact Digital River and give them your order number. I think this would probably be the best and quicker solution.
Good luck and hope you can get this problem resolved as it must be very frustrating. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.