Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Organising multiple Hard drives
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
vn800rider

Be careful, if you turn the case fan off, you'll need more than a nice name for your hard drive.

What a waste of good charcoal, You really can't destroy your data that way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2010 22:54

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
In the morning, everything will be a blur,

It is the morning, and everything is a blur, and I'm getting ready to go shooting, and its snowing, and I'm going to have to walk up and down some hills, and then go to the pub for lunch and drinks, and then walk up and down some more hills, and and and...... Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Adrian's new camera:

really - yes, it is.

I have 9 hard drives and I give them obscure names or name them after individuals. I've recently carried out a icon and renaming process - adding an image next to the named HDD. Like Barry, I'm considering a suitable character name for one of my HDD. I may call one "YORKY" or "YORKPUD" as a tribute HDD. I will add a suitable icon. All to keep "BIGGY" HDD happy.

Contents is another matter. I store my video in Date order.

To add an icon carry out the following.
Open you HDD > Create a new folder and name it "autorun"
Insert to the HDD the attached autorun.inf
Now create a suitable icon in an image editor to 32x32 pixels and name it, with an ico extension. see attached example
Place the icon into the autorun folder which you have on the HDD (Hard drive).
Use NotePad and open the autorun.inf file and alter the address/change the icon name >save the inf file.
When you reboot the icon changes will be applied.

Dafydd
 Filename
autorun.inf
[Disk]
 Description
inf file
 Filesize
36 bytes
 Downloaded:
393 time(s)
[Thumb - 140.jpg]
 Filename