Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Snapshot is corrupt - in any format
[Post New]
Exactly, Dafydd! I did a diagnostic systems check for Microsoft Office, which was also acting up. Turns out the message there is the same as yours. I'm teetering on the brink of hard drive failure. I'm backing everything up as I type. If my machine survives through one more hour of file transfers, I should be safe.

I guess we can call this case closed. Obviously, my corrupt snapshot issue has nothing to do with PD9.

Ugh.
Thanks everybody, for you kind support.
I have two options left, to hang my technological woes by USB cable - which would only result in a ridiculous thud... or, buy a new and more powerful computer. Option two sounds like MUCH more fun.

Any suggestions for a laptop worthy of desktop replacement that can support PD9?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2010 11:40

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kim,
Good job, if you've copied all your data in time.

I defer to others the task of answering you on PC spec. I'd be interested in reading their answers.

Please start a new thread/topic and see what happens.

Dafydd
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
It's gonna cost you. And you're gonna want 17" screen or more. I've had very good performance with my DV7, but specs change, you need a list of demands.
Size
Graphics (ATI/Nvidia)
OS 32/64
Memory and limit
7,200 rpm
firewire port?
Esata port? What did I forget?

Oops I just saw Dafydd's last comment on a new thread, sorry folks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2010 12:40

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Thanks, Baryddth. The new thread has just begun. Let the onslaught of information (or criticism of my price range) begin!