Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Overlap transitions - Are they your preferred choice?
Laurian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2010 11:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Definitely overlap.
It also does a smooth transition between the audio tracks as well, which crossfade lacks.
KAN54 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 15:56 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
The button that applies "fading transition to all" only allows CROSS transition. If there are many clips on the time-line in the case of a slide show, how does one apply OVERLAP transition to the entire track? YES, I can change from CROSS to OVERLAP but only one at a time. If you like OVERLAP like everyone else, this button is completely useless!

One more thing, how does one select multiple transitions on the time-line for removal at once? shift-click only selects the clips, not the transitions.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 08. 2011 19:30

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
I must confused or is it confuddled

OVERLAP please as the other puts the audio out of sync and drives me nuts trying to fix it.

And please please please bring back the duration button!

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Marke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2011 03:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, please bring back the duration button!!!!!!!!!!

There are many things to fix, please do not break good code.

The duration button is sorely needed back. Please prioritize this in the next update and soon!!!!

Please. Our workflow is frustrating without this feature!
[Post New]
One more vote for bringing back the "Duration" button.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2011 14:25

RonHale [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2011 04:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The button that applies "fading transition to all" only allows CROSS transition. If there are many clips on the time-line in the case of a slide show, how does one apply OVERLAP transition to the entire track? YES, I can change from CROSS to OVERLAP but only one at a time. If you like OVERLAP like everyone else, this button is completely useless!

One more thing, how does one select multiple transitions on the time-line for removal at once? shift-click only selects the clips, not the transitions.

I agree entirely.
A fading transition to all is only a CROSS transition, not an OVERLAP.

Overlap transition is the standard for me.
sneckcids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2011 12:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Well one of the most satisfying aspects for me in Cyberlink PD 9 was the emergence of cross transition.
I work hard in transitions and I think there is any poor facts in standards transitions in PowerDirector at least compared with other editors such as pinnacle.
Almost always use the cross transition that requires me to have to convert the overlap to cross fade and it takes a long time.
But one of the main reasons for my preference has to do with the fact that the overlap transition "eats" part of the clip while the cross transition leaves intact the sizes of the clips. This is very important in editing frame by frame, and especially when the clips are too short if it proved difficult to make a visible scenes transitions.
So my choice is to cross transition.
But why is that Cyberlink does not make it an option in settings where the user can choose the default transition for your project?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 11. 2011 12:03

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You can all forget about the "duration" button until PD10. Maybe not then either.
It was brought to my attention, correctly so, that any changes at this juncture would require all new tutorials and instructions for that specific alteration. Now, my opinion is that CL owes the consumers of their software that much, but it's only my opinion, however, and at the end of the day, I suspect it aint gonna happen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11. 2011 13:01

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT