Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 9 fails to start or hangs or has video problems or production failures
Simonm2211 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2010 08:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to everyone, particularly FredB.

Unfortunately the possible solution is way beyond my tech skills.

I will wait until Monday and contact Support again and see if they can guide me.
[Post New]
So Sorry! I should have placed a NERD ALERT WARNING into the header before posting.

At least be comforted that many are searching for this solution with notebooks!!
Ever Reynaldo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2010 14:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Exactly!, I get the same, no I skipped step 1. I returned to Power Director 8. I hope another solution ... I'm from Peru.
Lee337 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2009 15:29 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I had the same problem and here's what worked for me. The program would install but would not start up. Was suggested that it was my video driver but my hp update said it was current (I have an HP Touchsmart with an NVidea geforce 9600m GS). While it was the most current on HP's website, of course there were several newer drivers on NVidia's website. Downloaded them all, tried them all, and NONE of them would recognize my video card and therefore would not install. Even tried a bypass patch I found on the web and it still wouldn't install. Sound familiar? Now here was my solution (and unfortunately I realize this may not work for everyone) I went --of all places-- to Windows update and scanned for non critical updates for my pc. They had an updated driver for my video card and to my suprise it DID install just fine. Loaded up PD9 and it works perfectly. If you tell anyone I said this next part I'll deny it; "Thank you Microsoft".
Ever Reynaldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD9 already served me, thanks to ynotfish; installed: Product Series: GeForce 400 Series. By producing a video, appears: Cyberlink Power Director Version Test. ¬_¬! Bye.
[Post New]
Lee;
That is great news. Hopefully others having problems installing an updated driver will try this.

Ever Reynaldo;
What are you saying??? What is your card? Why did this work for you? Unsure what you mean.
Ever Reynaldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ni idea, pero lo tengo funcionando. El controlador que tengo está guardado así: 260.99_desktop_winxp_32bit_international_whql Tengo mi tarjeta de video NVidea.
[Post New]
No idea, but I have it working. The driver I have is saved as: 260.99_desktop_winxp_32bit_international_whql I have my video card NVIDEA.

Ok. glad you got 260.99 working. Sounds like CL helped this happen. Maybe they will release a document or procedure to help others with this same issue.
Simonm2211 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2010 08:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
OK, I acknowledge that I am re-starting a dormant thread here; please bear with me. I just got off the phone with tech support and they advised that the issue for me may be insufficient memory. This machine has a 64GB SSD which is nearly full and a 500GB drive that is nearly empty; RAM is 6GB. The program files are all on the SSD. Any thoughts out three on whether HDD space would be an issue that could contribute to my "front end grah streaming error"?

BTW - never did get 260.99 to work
[Post New]
Simonm2211;
Tech support is correctly reporting a probable source of issues. Most definitely the lack of space will effect operations of all sorts. Your SSD only has a 48GIG capacity after formatting. Every windows operating system recommend a minimum of 20% free space for operations and pagefiles (around 10GIG for this SSD), and you only have 2GIG available.

Not sure how we all missed that. Too many separate people's problems on this thread (called hijaaking I think) had us missing your problem.

Cleanup your SSD drive and maybe consider removing and installing some programs to the 500GIG drive...it is a pretty fast drive.

I am attaching a copy of your DXDIAG here for others to see (without hunting the entire thread.
 Filename
SimonsDxDiag-2.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
350 time(s)

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Dec 02. 2010 20:52

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Update for laptops
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14103.page#71513
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Newbie with no name. Please read the data posted here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13638.page
Thanks
Dafydd
[Post New]
I have PD9, and I have been struggling finding out how to stop the freezing at 32% when producing. I already made a great 3min film and love the program, but to not be able to output to any video format kills me. I tried updating my driver to NVDIA 6 series driver? I hope that was the correct one - but even with that, it still has the same problems.

Below are my specs. I'm in desperate need of help!

Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
OS Service Pack [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name YOUR-0B0DCA38E8
User Name Owner
Logon Domain [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Date / Time 2012-12-31 / 10:44

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3800+
Motherboard Name Foxconn C51GU01 Series
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer
System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: Samsung M3 68L6523CUS-CCC 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Samsung M3 68L6523CUS-CCC [ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type Award (03/30/06)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6100 (512 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 6100
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (7010840R4200)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC655 @ nVIDIA nForce 410 (MCP51) - Audio Codec Interface

Storage:
IDE Controller NVIDIA MCP51 Serial ATA Controller
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device
Disk Drive ST3250823A (250 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D (DVD+R9:2.4x, DVD+RW:16x/4x, DVD-RW:12x/4x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:40x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK