Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview screen turns black
Lee
Newbie Location: San Francisco Bay Area Joined: Jul 22, 2010 18:19 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Lee,
I downloaded your 00018.mts file and played it with no problem with PD8 on my system. because I am set up to process PAL standard and your file was NTSC PD8 automatically converted it - it played like a treat. Looking at your DXdiag file I see your machine has onboard Intel G45/43 graphics. Your driver is out of date - 6.14.0010.4977. The latest drive on the INTEL site is 6.14.0010.5284. The Intel site talks about problems with high res on the older drivers. I should update the drivers.

Hope this helps,

Don

Did you try and edit a clip and switch back and forth between "movie" and "clip" mode? That's when i seemed to have had the problem of the preview screen blacking out.

I'll see if i can get the systems admin to update the drivers, or perhaps put a proper video card in it.
mcluna21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2010 18:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
It blacked out or lost audio just by removing a section of the clip and trying to play back.

Ive downloaded a lot of Particles and PiP objects from Directors Zone and included some of my still pics and added musice and PD8 works perfect. So im still wondering what could be the prob? Maybe my system isn't set up for the video editing.

donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,
Processing "raw" video does take a lot of horsepower. One of the solutions I used in the past was to "preprocess' the video clips before putting them in a movie - its painful and longwinded but it might get around your problem - I will see if I can find the original posting on this in the forum

REgards,

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.