Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Movie Won't Play
Rob Z [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 20:41 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem. However, Slumdog Millionaire works with PowerDVD Ultra 8.Therefore, it seems that the problem is with PowerDVD Ultra 10.
BHAVIK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2010 09:34 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
yeh i have power dvd 8 bd oem and that works but when i update to 10 its all stops, im like omg WTF lol
ANTHONY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2010 21:30 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder if stand alone Blu-Ray players have problems playing movies like this? It may be worth getting one if their software can handle all movies without all the hassles.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder if stand alone Blu-Ray players have problems playing movies like this? It may be worth getting one if their software can handle all movies without all the hassles.

Actually...they do have the same problems. The problem with Blu-Ray discs is not limited to just Software players. And some manufactures are not always releasing firmware upgrades as fast as customers would like. And just think...they can't install ANYDVD HD to correct the problem.

If you do a google search...let's say for instance, "Blu-Ray disc won't play" you get lots of reading from very irritated people. Stand-a-lone players have troubles playing certain Blu-Ray titles just like Software Players. And the problem isn't unique to Cyberlink's Power DVD products. I won't mention any specific software players....but they ALL have their issues with playing back certain titles, no software is excluded as being without playback problems. All you have to do is read their respective forums to get the glaring truth.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject.

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Rob Z [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 20:41 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
The new PowerDVD 10 Mark II now plays Slumdog Millionaire.
Denys [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2011 04:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,
I can't see film blu ray 3d on my notebook. Please help.
Hardware: Asus G51JX
software: Windows 7 Home 64
I downloaded file CyberLink_PowerDVD10Ultra_2325_DVD101124-02.exe
after that I activate this programm and try to see 3d films Cloudy with a cance of meatalls 3d. Power DVD can’t open film. Error disc with an unsupported format" (in attached file PrintScreen).
I wrote about this problem in [Cyberlink] Online Customer Support (QuestionID = CS000989569) and I've recieve next answer:

Customer Support Response 2011/03/07 01:54
Dear Denys,

Thanks you for writing back.

Regarding your concern, I would suggest you to update the firmware of your Blu-ray drive. To update the firmware of the Blu-ray Drive, I would request you to contact the Blu-ray drive manufacturer.

but the matter is in program your competitor Arcosft TotalMedia Theatre 5 I can see this dics without any problem.
[Thumb - cyberlink unsupported.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink unsupported.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
247 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
334 time(s)