Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 - region code problems
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Margaret:

You said "Never again for me.".

You have an OEM piece of software that came FREE with your computer. Some of the OEM software is limited (teaser) software to entice you to buy the full version. OEM software is typically NOT updated so such things as changes in copyright protection schemes often cause issues.

You indicated that it worked before but not now. What changes - updates and or new software have you made? Are the discs relatively new? Do older discs still play OK?

What do you need to change the counter? Do you do a lot of NTSC and PAL discs?

What build of PDVD do you have. Was it ever updated since 2011?

This is perhaps what some of the issues are:
As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for this version. Any Blu-ray Disc titles released after 2011 June may not be compatible with CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version.

Remember you got the program FREE. Perhaps an upgrade to a newer version is in order? Or see if the FREE VLC player will do what you want. I have used several different software packages and PowerDVD is still the best for the money.

Good luck.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24. 2014 11:02

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2015 17:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting and error with PowerDVD 15 when playing a purchased Blu Ray Disc Apocolypto which region B.
I have Windows 10 and a purchased copy of Cyberlink PowerDVD 15.
The region on the BluRay player is Region 4 which is Australia. PowerDVD is set to B which is Australia. My PC Region is Australia. The disc should play.
But no, it comes up saying the player is not set to the correct region.
I have set UAC to never notify. I have tried disabling Avast Internet Security. Still not working.
Other disks are fine, just this one.
Any assistance is welcome.
I have created a ticket on this already but they take an eternity to reply.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2015 17:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry for the spelling mistakes.
Should read "I am getting an error"
Should be Apocalypto not Apocolypto.