Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I use PowerDirector with JVC GZ-MG505E hard disk camcorder?
Jacky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2007 03:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!!! I have JVC GZ-MG505E hard disk camcorder. I try to capture video from the camcorder, but the button of HD camcorder is gey. The program does not recognize the camcorder. Please, help.
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
How are you using it? Do you dump the recorded file to your pc? What is the file type .MPG or .AVI or what

I would try that first. Then doulble click on the file in your pc and it will open with Microsoft Media Viewer.

If that views OK then you should be able to import it into PD.

VideoCentricity
http://www.VideoCentricity.Net
If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Jacky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2007 03:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, Ron. The file type is .MOD. I found solution. I download the recorded files to my computer through Import Media Files. It works. Thank you one more time.
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Glad you were able to do the import.

By the way, for any other folks who read this...

When looking at a pre-recorded DVD you will find .VOB files which as far as I know cannot be imported because it says "Unknown file type". Instead, copy them to your computer C: drive and rename them to be .MPG files

Then you can import them into PD.

Of course there are copyright issues here, but for example, scenes on DVD that you might not be able to do yourself, like planes landing, ships in harbors etc - the stuff that gets interspersed between action scenes with actors, can be co-opted into your own home movies of your mother-in-law arriving for a long stay etc.

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem