Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Free Form Shape Bug? (resolved)
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
The "Duplicate Previous/Next Key Frame" command in PIP Designer, appears to not work, when using the Free Form shaping option to create motion and size changes.

With regard to the free form shape option, the Help Files state...

Changing The Shape Of Media
- Note: you can also change the shape of media clips by altering their freeform positions using keyframes.

Utilizing Keyframes on Media
- By entering different values at different moments (keyframes) in your video production, the clip's freeform shape can change over time in your video production.

So it appears, based on the info in the Help Files, that there are no limitations inherent in the key framing of free formed shapes. Yet the motion and shape changes do not respond to the (extremely important) Duplicate Previous/Next Key Frame command in PIP Designer.

The issue is demonstrated here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99SnOkQZAEg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2011 01:50

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Brilliant as usual, Kranks. I could not duplicate on my DM1, but, still, great screencap/demo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2011 17:18

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I could not duplicate on my DM1

Are you saying you could not duplicate the issue? And it works OK on your rig?
Or...
You also could not get the "Duplicate Previous Key Frame" tool to work, with free formed shapes?

Just tried again, and it's a no go, but only with free formed shapes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2011 17:34

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I mean the motion worked for me, at least on my little AMD rig.
Are we BETA testing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2011 19:51

Cranston
[Post New]
Quote: Are we BETA testing?

Feels like it sometimes. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cranston,

The free form motion also works fine for me on an i7 CPU & Ge-Force graphics on Win 7 64 bit.

Also thanks, it is something I haven't used before. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Just with Cranston on Skype walking me through the sample I get the same thing he does.. even when the motion effect is saved with it playing on track one.

HOWEVER...... if I move the project clip from the first to the second PIP track.... it works.......

I also notice if I select any of my HD previews it will not work. If I select high rez or lower it works fine in any track.

Might be a video card thing...... my ATI 5770 is up to date....

But you know how Cranston always uses those "strange" effects......

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 03. 2011 22:46

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I SWORE I wouldn't be beta-testing for free, so Kranks, check your PM. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Cranston
[Post New]
Hi Barry, Robert, and Bubba,

Thanks for the taking the time to test and chime in. I appreciate it.

Well, I tried and tried at least 10-15 more times, with various video formats, and tried closing and re-opening PD, and re-booting, etc. And after doing everything else I could think of, I still could not get the Duplicate Previous Key Frame button to work, when using the free form shape option.
But, since it appears to work for everyone else, I thought I might as well bite the bullet and do a PD10 re-install.
(Though I was willing to bet all of Barry's crab cakes, that a re-install wouldn't cure it.)

Well... the Duplicate Previous Key Frame button/function issue, when using free form shapes, is now working correctly. Hmm.
Case closed. (For now anyway)

Thanks again guys. Your efforts led to speedy resolution for me. Hopefully a permanent one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2011 01:51

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Glad it was a simple fix and not something harder to track down. Weird though that it should be so specific. I guess it shows we are lucky our computers even work at all. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Crab...cakes?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2011 07:12

[Post New]
Wow..it sounds like even though I don't HAVE PROBLEMS I should re-install!!!

I might discover new functionality within the program that I never knew existed...

Also explains why many who HAVE placed a support ticket receive the instructions to re-install!!

There should be a label when purchased that says "WARNING---THIS PRODUCT MAY APPEAR TO WORK ON FIRST INSTALL, BUT PLEASE INSTALL, AT LEAST TWICE, FOR OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE"